Redoing wood floor the proper way round two

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by the brain, Aug 5, 2017.

1. the brain

the brain Senior Member

thanks for explaination on plywood

I'm planning a long/ tall/not wide saddle fish box for wahoo will see if Lowes salesman knows about this "PS1-95" type, the wood expert at marine wood yard didn't.

yes was unsure of what type of wood to use so I stepped up purchased marine grade the varnish is sticking good to the oldtimers solution and looks good.

will use alumimin sheet for majority of aft deck ,possiabley covered the imitation sea deck ?
    35"X91" Flooring Synthetic Teak EVA Foam Sheet Boat Decking Self-Adhesive http://www.ebay.com/itm/35-X91-Flooring-Synthetic-Teak-EVA-Foam-Sheet-Boat-Decking-Self-Adhesive/112449406488?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

I looked at the PVC board it was foam covered w/ plastic not suitable to be standing on.

thanks TB

2. the brain

the brain Senior Member

new cabin varnished floor step one

step 2
    10" flat piece of 1/2" thick boat plastic taken from a party boat's storage box.
    this will surport wall/door uprights. same plastic made my aft folding bench.

step3
    rear aft all aluminim

step4
    imitation sea deck

what do you Guys think of imitation sea deck covering aft deck?

Attached Files:

3. the brain

the brain Senior Member

step 2 complete

middle piece is 1/2" thick plastic

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.