Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors

Go Back   Boat Design Forums > Community > Open Discussion: All Things Boats & Boating
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Most Recent Posts Gallery Images Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 02:32 AM
Previous Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPL View Post
"Thailand’s wildlife is threatened by poaching, habitat loss, and an industry that sells wild animals as pets. Although there were 100,000 elephants in Thailand a century ago, the population of elephants in the wild has dropped to an estimated 2,000. Poachers have long hunted elephants for ivory, meat and hides. Poaching of protected species remains a major problem. Hunters have decimated the populations of tigers, leopards and other large cats for their valuable pelts. Many animals (including tigers, bears, crocodiles and king cobras) are farmed or hunted for their meat, which is considered a delicacy, and for their supposed medicinal properties." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environ...es_in_Thailand
You were doing pretty good until the eating King Cobra bit.

Most Thais are now obese as they stand at the ubiquitouis Mc Donalds kentuck , kenny rodgers you name it.

Please,--- no one eats snakes.--Medicinal qualities --again there must be a Pharmacy on every street corner. A terrible show of ignorance im afraid

A baby Elephant is about 20,000 dollars, they wont let you feed them,-- only food they give you to feed them, they cost too much and are looked after.

They dont chain them untill they sleep and you can walk right up to them and touch them. If you give it a 20 baht note it will pick you up round your waste for your photograph., Fantastic well kept obedient animals and smart? oh -- well smarter than some people on this forum for instance.

Ive seen a baby Elephant stand on one leg swinging a hoola hoop round the other leg while drinking a gallon of milk,--can you do that?

Old 02-16-2012, 02:35 AM
NA Student

Rep: 71 Posts: 72
I'd like to point out that though yes, poaching of the world's species endangered or not is sad and shouldn't continue, it does not in anyway accurately depict the greatest majority of gun owners or hunters engaged in legal hunting activities.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:45 AM

Rep: 683 Posts: 2,218
Quote:
Is it more or less humane to confine and kill animals or let animals run free until food is needed?
reminds me of an episode of Northern Exposure that dealt with this issue
Old 02-16-2012, 02:46 AM
Previous Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by die_dunkelheit View Post
I'd like to point out that though yes, poaching of the world's species endangered or not is sad and shouldn't continue, it does not in anyway accurately depict the greatest majority of gun owners or hunters engaged in legal hunting activities.

Ide like to point out that though yes, bull spitting on the worlds forums wether true or not is sad and should not continue, it does not in any way accurately depict the greatest majority of Forum writers.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:50 AM

Rep: 209 Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Ide like to point out that though yes, bull spitting on the worlds forums wether true or not is sad and should not continue, it does not in any way accurately depict the greatest majority of Forum writers.
Crazy pills?
Old 02-16-2012, 02:54 AM
Previous Member

Quote:
Frosty overdosing on the crazy pills again ?

No--no more than normal, just so please we have some one to put us straight as we often wander off making incorrect assumptions.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:57 AM
NA Student

A personal dig to me Frosty? I made a valid point, the topic changed from gun ownership to poaching implying a direct connection. Many forms of poaching don't even involve guns, and most gun owners have never and will never poach...

Edit: or did I misunderstand your intentions in that post?
Old 02-16-2012, 02:59 AM

Rep: 209 Posts: 221
Some people make judgments about whole cultures and nations based on watching bad TV
Old 02-16-2012, 03:01 AM
NA Student

Quote:
Some people make judgments about whole cultures and nations based on watching bad TV
Yes, unfortunately it seems that a vast majority of people have lost the ability to make their own conscious decisions on a given topic and simply go on what they are told. I make a point to learn all that I can on a topic so that I can make an educated, intelligent decision.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:07 AM
Previous Member

Quote:
Yes, unfortunately it seems that a vast majority of people have lost the ability to make their own conscious decisions on a given topic and simply go on what they are told.
How do your learn Die? what your teacher tells you, or what book you read --did it have a truth certificate..

quote--- I make a point to learn all that I can on a topic so that I can make an educated, intelligent decision. (quote)

Im sure you do.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:08 AM

Rep: 1173 Posts: 4,758
Gun are not a personal responsibility issue..Society must decide how guns are regulated .

How fast to drive a car is determined by society, not the individual driver.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:11 AM
Previous Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael pierzga View Post
Gun are not a personal responsibility issue..Society must decide how guns are regulated .

How fast to drive a car is determined by society, not the individual driver.

Thats a clever post. +1
Old 02-16-2012, 03:21 AM
NA Student

You make a mockery of my methods?
A culmination of many sources on a given topic rather than simply taking something for granted as fact. You have the audacity, or ignorance, to mock that?

Michael,
The point is that it comes with a great deal of personal responsibility, this cannot be denied.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:31 AM

Rep: 2050 Posts: 1,707
Quote:
A personal dig to me Frosty? I made a valid point, the topic changed from gun ownership to poaching implying a direct connection. Many forms of poaching don't even involve guns, and most gun owners have never and will never poach...

Edit: or did I misunderstand your intentions in that post?
Frosty and Tunnels are flailing around pretty wildly (with a little help from Michael), considering the original subject was a rather simple question about handgun recommendations. These characters have managed to drag in deer hunting, pirates, elephant hunting, drugs, superhuman abilities to shrug off shotgun blasts at close range, tiger poaching, more pirates, more drugs and drug addicts... you name it.

I think they've trolled long enough, and I'm especially tired of Tunnel's little mantra about guns and drugs, as though they're somehow equivalent. I've about come to the conclusion that if he isn't on drugs, perhaps he should be....

At any rate, I'm not going to encourage them any more. They haven't said anything new for a while, and there's no sense prompting them to repeat themselves.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:36 AM
Previous Member

Quote:
You make a mockery of my methods?
A culmination of many sources on a given topic rather than simply taking something for granted as fact. You have the audacity, or ignorance, to mock that?

How did you see that as mockery , you asked if it was mockery then proceed to answer it as if it was, do you often talk to yourself. I asked a question. Why are you so touchy ? are you intimidated.

The audacity? who the hell are you?

Just stop right there buddy and look around you. You are participating on a world wide forum with people maybe 3 times your age and have forgotten more than you will ever know.

You question on epoxy will be answered when some one wants to answer it.

This forum, like me has been here a long time and will be long after your all grown up and gone.

What part of Germany are you from at a guess from your accent I would say Hamburg.
Closed Thread