RIB Conversion Plywood Sides

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by evansjhenry, Apr 22, 2024.

1. evansjhenry

evansjhenry New Member

2. BlueBell

BlueBell . . . _ _ _ . . . _ _ _

Welcome to the Forum evansjhenry.

Could you post a link to the old thread you reference?

3. evansjhenry

evansjhenry New Member

4. BlueBell

BlueBell . . . _ _ _ . . . _ _ _

bajansailor likes this.

5. wet feet

wet feet Senior Member

No doubt it can be done if you devote sufficient time and effort,but what do you get at the end of the process beside a sense of satisfaction?The typical RIB hull requires enough power to plane and has a lot of immersed transom area when not planing.To reach planing speed,you have to buy a powerful enough motor and plenty of fuel to keep it going.Most people with that sort of disposable cash would just buy a serviceable hull.I suppose if you chance upon a good motor at a bargain price,the economics change.I'm reminded of a fellow I know who did major surgery to a hull in the hope of making things a bit better and after using the boat for a bit he confided that it would have been a better idea to get a part time job stacking shelves for the same amount of time the project consumed and to use the earnings to buy a decent boat.

bajansailor and BlueBell like this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.