Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors

Go Back   Boat Design Forums > Community > Open Discussion: All Things Boats & Boating
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Most Recent Posts Gallery Images Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 12:47 AM
Previous Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by die_dunkelheit;

There was some comment about a 6 shot tube magazine not being enough but for ducks? I'd like to address that first, even if the intruder is head to tow in kevlar, one shot center-mass of 00 Buck and they're lucky if their ribs aren't broken, but they sure as hell aren't coming back for more. No kevlar (which is far, far more likely) and you have a big mess to clean up.
"
That is nonsense take a 6 shot and fire it at an old wardrobe. I used to buy old furniture for this reason to get to understand the spread of my full choke and straight barrels for skeet and clays.

You'lle be surprised its not like in the movies.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:57 AM

Rep: 1035 Posts: 1,657
BPL,I agree, however I point out. The energy required to plant-fertilize-weed-harvest-pack-refrigerate--transport--unpack-display-retail-pack again-transport again and cook vegtables--while maybe healthy(debatable) also shortens the lives and outright causes the deaths of the earths living creatures. It's just not that visible. I see no difference between killing a million insects thru pesticides and that chain reaction,than you or I butchering an animal for food.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:48 AM
Previous Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking north View Post
BPL,I agree, however I point out. The energy required to plant-fertilize-weed-harvest-pack-refrigerate--transport--unpack-display-retail-pack again-transport again and cook vegtables--while maybe healthy(debatable) also shortens the lives and outright causes the deaths of the earths living creatures. It's just not that visible. I see no difference between killing a million insects thru pesticides and that chain reaction,than you or I butchering an animal for food.
Simply put there are to many people on this planet !!! one day we need a natural Disaster to wipe out a few million all over like every where and then start again from whats left .so guns and drugs wont do any good at all !!Do you ever have any happy thoughts !!!

Old 02-15-2012, 02:39 AM

Rep: 799 Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunnels View Post
Simply put there are to many people on this planet !!! one day we need a natural Disaster to wipe out a few million all over like every where and then start again from whats left .so guns and drugs wont do any good at all !!Do you ever have any happy thoughts !!!

The world has disasters all the time. You should change your rant! "We don't need guns", ect. Who is we? You aren't speaking for the rest of us, and aren't contributing anything. You sound like a little kid doing a nanh nanh rant.
Grow up.
You have never been hunting. You don't know anything about hunting. So you have no credibility to comment about it. You make a fool of yourself.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:16 AM

Rep: 2050 Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
If the boarders are on the boat already and you think you will be below discussing the weather? Your already dead.

No No if they get to tie up your already dead.

That pistol grip shot gun pump will likely not have 3 inch magnum chambers or it will break your wrist. If you do not have 3 inch chambers then just hope your boarded by ducks.

Sawing off the barrel will just increase spread. Why need that in the confinements of a small room like a boat. You will just make them angry, you cant kill with a 6 shot unless you ask them to open their mouth-Errr even then not sure.

Where is this gun going to come from ? your trousers, Im quite sure they will have a few pointing at your head.

Your dreaming.
Frosty, stick to talking about things you know something about. OK?

-Shotguns were killing people long before 3" magnums were ever invented.

-If you think an intruder is going to just shrug off an ounce or two of #6 shot at close range instead of dying, you're delusional.

-The short barrel is so you can swing the gun in close quarters. It isn't going to increase the spread enough to matter, inside a room or a boat cabin.

-Unless an intruder can magically teleport himself into the boat cabin, he's going to have to break in, and trip whatever alarms Cat has set.

Curious.... I've never really dealt with grown men who believe that protecting themselves against criminals is so hopeless there's no point in even trying. I think there's a word for that, though.

edit: I see I should have kept reading before replying; others have made the points already.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:20 AM

Quote:
wow i am impressed !! by the ridiculous things people do !! WE DONT NEED GUNS WE DONT NEED
DRUGS
I get the impression you already have the drugs (prescription, maybe?), so it's probably best you stay away from the guns.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Am not a vegeterian and i dont mind what other people eat, but myself i wont kill animals ! i wont have a gun ever and i dont take or use drugs .
I enjoy a good steak and rolled topside beef with stuffing inside . plus fish and shell fish and chicken . While i live in china i am a vegeterian cause asians dont know how to prepair and cook any meets at all !!
I am off back to nz soon and will eat good nz beef and chicken and fish that i catch myself .
Killing defensless animals in the name of sport is not sport at all !!!
Its mindless sensless killing !!
We dont need guns and we dont need drugs !.
So you'll catch your own fish. And you'll eat a cow, but only after someone in a slaughterhouse kills it for you by sticking a bolt gun to its head, then slitting its throat. And somehow you think that makes you more honorable than a man who kills wild game for food? Whoopee....

I haven't seen a single person on this thread who advocates killing just for fun.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:45 AM

Rep: 1173 Posts: 4,758
Hunting...sportsmen...kill for fun.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:51 AM

Rep: 209 Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael pierzga View Post
Do you object to fishing or only hunting?
Old 02-15-2012, 04:07 AM

Only Killing living things for fun. A commercial fisherman harvests and kills a giant blue fin tuna as a business ....a city slicker sportsman , in crocodile skin deck shoes , kills the giant bluefin for fun and to have his picture taken. THE GREAT WHITE HUNTER.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:11 AM

Rep: 799 Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael pierzga View Post
It's not killing for fun.
An old saying, travel broadens a man, meant experiencing other cultures provided an education not available in classrooms.
As humans, we have instincts and emotions you can't experience in your livingroom or office.
Those who don't want to hunt or travel don't have to.
Those who do, have a better insight into themselves and human kind.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:22 AM
Previous Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobarnacle View Post
The world has disasters all the time. You should change your rant! "We don't need guns", ect. Who is we? You aren't speaking for the rest of us, and aren't contributing anything. You sound like a little kid doing a nanh nanh rant.
Grow up.
You have never been hunting. You don't know anything about hunting. So you have no credibility to comment about it. You make a fool of yourself.
Amazing you have the impression its macho! its what you have to do to be a MAN !!carry a gun and be one of the boys ! sorry you are not turning me on at all ,the longer this thread goes on the more i am conviced i never want to ever be associated with people that carry guns and take drugs !!

We dont need guns and we dont need drugs .
Old 02-15-2012, 06:35 AM
Previous Member

Drugs? Why is Tunnels the only person talking about drugs?

This is going to sound a little corny and I'm sure anti gun nuts will make fun of me for it, but i highly suggest anyone who eats meat go and kill your own food.

Only once you have done this do you realize the enormous sacrifice the animal has made so that you may continue to live. It really puts things into perspective. You never throw a scrap of food away again once you look your dinner in the eye as the beautiful animal is dying.

Killing for no reason definitely doesn't sit well with me, but killing for food and personal survival is how our species has survived for all of eternity.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:49 AM

Im warning Ya'....Hands off my coffee. You keep going on about this drug stuff and youre gonna be picking grapeshot out of your work overalls.............
Attached Thumbnails
Hand Gun choice for protection-mussel-shack.jpg  

Old 02-15-2012, 06:51 AM

Killing for food ??? I find it more civilized to go to the Bistro and order.
Closed Thread