Random Picture Thread

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by kach22i, Mar 30, 2006.

1. KnottyBuoyz

KnottyBuoyz Provocateur & Raconteur

[​IMG]

2. bntii

bntii Senior Member

3. bob the builder

bob the builder novice

[​IMG]

4. bntii

bntii Senior Member

5. mgriffin

mgriffin Previous Member

Hahah! don't go swimming with this! It's like swimming with a 10 foot alligator...

Attached Files:

6. mgriffin

mgriffin Previous Member

Attached Files:

7. Boston

Boston Previous Member

ok
    is that an ahrapama

looks like a gar of some kind but the snout isnt long enough
    the body is of a south american ahrapama
    snouts long enough for that but Ive never seen one with such huge teeth
    course Ive never seen a 12 footer either

8. mgriffin

mgriffin Previous Member

Alligator Gar, which gets up to 12 feet long and 300 lbs

9. mgriffin

mgriffin Previous Member

See? This is 12 feet btw. "Half alligator, half fish, the alligator gar can survive up to two hours on land, but primarily stays in the water.
    They can grow up to 12 feet in length and are the largest freshwater fish." I would give all of my money too hook this baby, I would have it stuffed and hung on my wall though. I would have it stuffed with it's mouth open to display it's awesomely huge teeth though.

Attached Files:

10. masalai

masalai masalai

mgriffin, very pretty and neat boat, get set and start building.... then you may have a chance at catching your fish for your 15 seconds of fame without expending all your money... Good luck...

11. apex1

apex1 Guest

12. mgriffin

mgriffin Previous Member

Well thanks Apex, That is the boat I am going to build when I get a job and move out of the house. That boat will show people that I can build a good boat. I will use it a display boat for my boatyard. Remember what I said about starting a boatyard then expanding it to a shipyard? Well I am still going to do that. When my company is big enough, I will go on a fishing vacation in this:
    http://www.boatplans.com/cgi-local/...9163&cart_id=d0ea3de905a4777f305b2d41e03733a7
    Also, do you remember me saying that the first thing I am going to do is build a diesel or a steamer? well that is the boat. Might come and visit you in it :D. It's big enough to go from the East Coast of the United states to Hamburg, Germany I think.

Attached Files:

• 549.jpg
      549.jpg
      File size:
      21.9 KB
      Views:
  13. Boston

Boston Previous Member

if your looking to get one build while still in the house you might try one of these

[​IMG]

Ive never built one
    but they sure look good
    would make a good fishing boat
    and it fits on a small trailer

just an idea
    best
    B

14. apex1

apex1 Guest

It is big enough! But start with the smaller one first, It´s frustrating when it takes years before the success becomes obvious!

Richard

15. mgriffin

mgriffin Previous Member

Well yeah, I am not going to build that big one anytime soon. I am going to wait 'till I have at least 100 mil.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.