Pirates?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Mr.Pirate, Jun 20, 2004.

1. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Possibly Mas, appears they don't like beer either so IT MUST be Hell!:rolleyes:

2. masalai

masalai masalai

I think the banned substance is "alcohol" - - they seem to love it but can't handle its consumption with respect.... or women by all observation?

3. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Forget that spiritual form Mas, we're trying to get Africa to snap out of it and actually do something for a change :D

If Matt's audio thing work it could be quite usefull. Audio can be projected directional, problem is it is going to be at close range only.

Besides, I like the idea of something really physically painfull for the buggers. Maybe flamable teargass and you see the wind is on the right side of you. Then lite a smoke :D

4. masalai

masalai masalai

Fanie, the latter is a careful mix of distillate, Mortein, (insecticide with a smell that brings tears to even glass eyes}, and petrol or something to readily ignite blasted out from those "pulse jet mosquito poison vaporisers" (I think I have already posted somewhere). - - - - I had installed on my car in PNG so I could get a mad mob to stop in startled amazement - produced a big cloud of vaporised fuel and the ignition of same would scare the **** out of most - luckily never used in anger or fear..... but tests on a still day were fcukin good!!!!!

5. safewalrus

Fanie man there's more chance of Mugabe joining the Salvation Army than Black Africa getting it's 5h1t together on this..........most of the leaders are thelegal version of pirates anyway!

You don't have to answer mate, for obvious reasons!!

6. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Some countries in Africa try. The problem is they are not always sure what this thing is this foreign wite man has with him or what he is doing with it.

The ANC won't kick mugabe out, meaning they are responsible for the people dying there of hunger and 1000+ has already died recently from cholera. Add to that the number of people that gets killed / murdered in SA, then the whole bloody anc gov should stand trial for crimes against humanity, with mugabe, who is the worst pirate of them all. The fact that zim is sinking makes him one.

I have another 2 Q's.

When exactly is someone a pirate or by what action is someone a pirate ?

At what scale must these actions be committed for it to become piracy ?

7. masalai

masalai masalai

Not a lawyer's paid point of view, but my personal moralistic view,
    "...using a boat, (in the broad sense of the word), to approach and threaten to steal from another boat or shore based base, by force or threat of arms/violence or intimidation...."

Can be affirmed by flying the "pirates flag" and identification as a pirate by any other means....:D:D:D:D

8. safewalrus

Basically Piracy is theft on the high seas, nothing more nor nothing less! Ok so to do it at sea normally there is a good chance that the other chappie will know about it (sack his bloody watchkeepers if he don't) so a fair amount of violence or intended or threatened violence must take place; but thechnically you don't need to kill anybody or even hurt them to be a pirate - just threaten them and make off with their goods! But it must be on the 'high seas' i.e. the vessel being robbed must be underway - not tied to the wall or the bottom in anyway. Mind you pirates do raid anchored vessels which makes it rather hazy, but normally tis "robbery on the high seas"

You don't need symbols like flags to indicate your a pirate - that just adds to the hype is all!

9. masalai

masalai masalai

That is wot I said - - no? ja?

10. safewalrus

affirmative.............more or less!

11. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

A new weapon for pirates AA12shotgun.wmv (8175KB)

12. masalai

masalai masalai

pen is h older

13. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Pirates on the news again tonight... I think they said turkey paid the randsom and the boat was released.

They also said how many boats were currently held by pirates.

This is simple, really. Get some cargo war boats to traipse around, even pretend to try and outrun the pirates, then blow them up, up and away-hay in my beautiful my beautiful baloooon...

The pirates won't know which are war boats and which are cargo boats. Pretty soon they would run when they see a cargo boat.

Get some really ugly accident pictures and get them in some newspapers where the pirates are bound to see them... claiming the result of a pirate attempt.

Ok, which navy needs some excersize ?

14. masalai

masalai masalai

They all need an "excuse" as the current procedure is to hand over captured pirates to the "country of origin" which then collects a small bribe and they get released to advise the rest of the tactics and constraints of engagement and the navies are again screwed by bureaucratic political correctness....... all those "doo-gooder-renta-crowd" should be force-ably enlisted as deck cargo on cargo and other boats passing through piratical areas, a good dose of personal fear should fix any further pleas for clemency....

15. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

No man, just blow them up so they sink. It was self defence.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.