1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

2. masalai

masalai masalai

Today is a holiday, marking the Queens birthday...

Tomorrow, Tuesday 14 June, I will contact the engine suppliers and confirm the time that they will check out the Starboard-engine-electrical-non-starting-issues that I am having... I am at this stage baffled and hope to be able to announce the root cause and action taken to rectify my concerns...

I was admiring the image from the front... I like the look very much and knowing that the name letters are 100mm high, estimated that the waterline is more than 300mm above the water level at the pointy end and aft the distance is better than 2.5 inches (the size of the polished SS exhaust flange diameter)...
    74346 ~ 74705@07:05/15/june...

3. masalai

masalai masalai

Pray, or whatever turns you on to elicit 'good Karma', so we can find and fix the ignition problems on the stbd engine...

I will be going to the boat within the hour as go-fer for Drew, who is coming to see what the problem is, and get me confident on the reliability of my engines...

4. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Flight Ready

Good Luck!

5. masalai

masalai masalai

It is FIXED... I am embarrassed... :eek: :eek: :eek: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - it was a dry solder joint at both ends of the red/positive battery cable ............ It was finally the only option left (removed and replaced the starter-motor, checked all leads and couldn't figure it out... Removed the offending cable and were checking for continuity and bending, twisting and flexing the lead - nothing, then the terminal seemed a bit loose so on resolving to resolder the joins, the lug from the other end was quite loose and came off, showing evidence of heat... A little gas torch and a good quantity of solder - problem solved... PERFECT....

Thanks Sea Wasp for your assistance, competence and expertise.... Much appreciated...
    http://seawasp.com.au/contact-us.html

6. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

7. Brian@BNE

Brian@BNE Senior Member

Ah, good - hope confidence in systems etc restored. I guess you'll be casting off soon then.... Getting too damn cold here now, so good to head north. Go well.

8. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Mas, I've had a rough week and need a little positive reinforcement. Can I get away with saying "I (almost) told you so"?:p
    But seriously, I'm immensely pleased to hear it turned out to be something simple and inexpensive. The suggestion someone else made about it being the starter motor was plausible enough to be worrisome... after reading it, I remembered having a shorted starter motor myself once.

1 person likes this.
  9. masalai

masalai masalai

You will be acknowledged as the wise person who "got it right" midst a crowd of unbelievers.... You deserve the reward you have received...

What really had us beat is that when the faulty lead was disconnected the low voltage held? - so what was storing 0.5 to 2 volts and fading?

10. Richard Atkin

Richard Atkin atn_atkin@hotmail.com

did you re-solder the port side while you were at it? vibrations will gradually weaken a dry solder joint

11. masalai

masalai masalai

My mother, who is in a "high-care" nursing home, is having her pension f&%#ed about by the parasitic blood sucking bureaucrats, who have deemed (imaginary asset) that she has assets and therefore should not get the pension and is deemed (no benefit has accrued) to have benefited, and as a BLIND lady is exempt from the assets test... Yet STILL is not being paid her due - a pension (a paltry Au$700 odd per fortnight)... The bureaucrat probably receives an income around $75000 where is the justice and where is the justification... To add insult to injury, any employer will know that the 'on-costs' effectively DOUBLE the wages cost, and most useless bureaucrats get additional perks like undercover parking, mileage allowances, paid-maternity-leave, creche and nursery facilities and and....

My pension is also reduced as I am "deemed to have assets" which are deemed to earn an income and this deemed income, (Wholly in the imagination of some brain-dead heartless Bureaucrat), is being deducted from my military service pension and also have NO health care as it is apparently "means tested" against a deemed and imaginary source of income... As I have always said Bureaucrats ARE SOCIETIES' PARASITES... They do not make any contribution to society... The Bureaucrats are a waste of space.... Australia is governed by the vampire parasites that should be exported as undesirable...

I hope some parasite reads that, and resigns their position in a feeling of guilt and shame... - I feel better for getting that "off my chest".... sadly the parasites are numerous...

Attempting to repair that issue for my mother is the next important process... Then to sort out my health care to get 3 ? more teeth removed... REMEMBER DO NOT SMOKE, my failing teeth are attributed to smoking... so PLEASE DO NOT SMOKE...

12. masalai

masalai masalai

13. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Those much loved parasites are desperate for revenue, to save there own skins. They are not likely to change anytime soon unless the world economic situation becomes so extreme that they simply can't go on. My take is whats happening in Greece is just the tip of the iceberg.

around here republicans debate there misconceptions about "Obamacare" quoting or rather misquoting ( lying ) again and again about how it works and whats in store while they themselves enjoy free gubment funded comprehensive health care. Pretty hypocritical if you ask me. Politicians are worse than even lawyers.

oh well I'm sure you will get it straightened out and be off for a great cruise in no time. Cheers
    B

14. masalai

masalai masalai

Attached Files:

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

But with a beam like that extremely unstable for shopping and transporting young ladies on and off the beach.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.