1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

No plans but nobody lasts forever and age creeps up.

2. Dean Smith

Dean Smith Previous Member

if you are not getting rated rpm, it is usually
    A overpropped
    B restriction in the fuel delivery ie lines too small
    C fuel pump---is the lever going to its stop
    if first then you will be blowing black to get up on the governers
    good luck hope you find it--it is the norm for the engine supplier to do the in the water check which includes checking to see if the engs will reach full rated rpm
    Be careful please, any eng failure due to the engines not being able to reach that speed and they can wriggle out of warranty

3. peter radclyffe

peter radclyffe Senior Member

thanks ,mas, good luck

4. douggiedreamer

douggiedreamer douggiedreamer

Brian is now tied up at Pacific Harbour, Bribie Island.

Attached Files:

5. douggiedreamer

douggiedreamer douggiedreamer

Beautiful one day - Perfect the next.

Attached Files:

6. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Thanks for the pictures, dougiedreamer.
    The boat looks great, masalai.

7. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Thanks mate, the boat looks very nice.

I just knew he didn't set the 10 sec timer on the camera, ran to the boat and posed like that. He'd have blowed half boats away :D

How many crew members did he take along (reference Manie :D).

Wonder if he'd come to SA if we tell him we've got beer with ice in... :D

8. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

9. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

10. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Now we need to be taken on a tour inside the finished boat
    more new pics please

11. Dean Smith

Brian did say that she was out of trim
    But this is the best way to be out, we say By the stern , if she was 10 inches by the bow he would be in trouble
    As it is when he trims her out he will still have plenty of anti foul showing, so it appears all we be fine
    please refer him to my earlier post abt rated rpm, it is very important

12. masalai

masalai masalai

Hello everyone,
    Telstra service is SO BLEEDING PATHETICALLY SLOW that it would take a week to upload just one image... Never fear, images will be posted as soon as bandwidth permits... I am using someone else's computer...

Bob,
    Engine throttle linkages are "backwards" so I do not get full throttle in forward - the levers hit the bench at about 3000rpm... Money is VERY TIGHT and I did not get the fixed blade props at Au$750 each... I still have the 15x11 & 2blade folding props...

Andy will be back from Europe soon, to fix the throttle linkages, as well as set up the instruments... (this dumb cluts finds that beyond my ken - I have tried, - but do not seem to have 'the right feel?' to make it work as the manual says??)

The bloody noise is too bloody much, and the steering bar adds to the racket - some lengths of "hose pipe" over the bar so it does not rattle on the 3 guides may reduce that issue... and placement of some sound-proofing material at the air inlet ports may help also...

The mini keels are "voids" and possibly contribute to the 'bows-up-boyancy' attitude... There is more to be loaded forward, including the mast and stuff when I find another Au$30,000 - which includes a watermaker and a few other necessary items...

Any "sponsors" out there? - You get to put your logo on a pair of genoa... - In true John Hitch configuration of the Hitch-hiker sailplan - one to each bow and some 70 to 90 square metres of advertising space for Au$30,000... I/ll even do a couple of sail-past runs outside the "Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show"...

13. Dean Smith

no money but I can drive down and help for free I can set up pretty much anything. Also if you disable (load images) in firefox you will be faster, tools options ? leave your mobile tel number

14. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Hi Mas,

I bought myself a high pressure water pump, 12V and with an expensive membrane filter it can make about 1 liter of drinking water per minute from sea water. It's a fraction of what a complete water maker would have cost me, and it's just for emergencies.

I also got a product by the name of Rubicon, it cleans a doubtfull 25 liter fresh water per sachet.

1 person likes this.

15. masalai

masalai masalai

Got 2 vip tickets to the sanctuary cove boat show - 19 to 22 May 2011 so will make some time to visit and see what is offering on the "discount tables"....

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.