1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

You shoulda trucked it to Darwin, you would have been in coconut heaven now. Might have been cheaper too.

I did --Sidney to Singapore 32,000aus dollar --cheap.

And before you go W-T-F work it out at 1 ton per day, plus charts , the occasional marina and the possibility of not even getting there.

2. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

How about the trade winds mate ? The old ships were no where near what you have there, and they never complained. Well, at least not on this forum :D

3. Richard Atkin

Richard Atkin atn_atkin@hotmail.com

for a given payload, the old ships sailed better than new sailboats when they were running with the trade winds. very safe and stable and reliable

4. masalai

masalai masalai

Here are a few more images taken whilst still on the trailer/jinker... CNO sits nicely with the waterline at the second chine aft, (sitting about 2 inches high), and just above the curve before the plumb bow, (sitting about 8 to 10 inches high)... Mini keels have a winged bottom... LOA=11.99m, LWL=11.99m, Beam=6.4m, displacement 5 to 6 tonnes approximately, Air draft (with antennae folded down)=4.6m, water draft about 1.1m to 1.4m

Attached Files:

5. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Frosty,
    Fuel burn of one tonne a day ??? from 722cc 21hp engines? At 3600rpm each engine is said to burn 4.5litres/hour ! - - I will probably run at 3000rpm for a 3 litre/hour burn rate, on one engine at about 6 knots...

250litres in port tanks. 300litres in stbd and 800 litres in bow tanks... About 1350litres or just over a tonne will give me some 450hours non-stop motoring at about 6 knots (3100 n Miles)...
    www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=24967
    If you want to know where the true power centre of the world lies, follow the money - cui bono... According to Global Finance magazine, as of 2010 the world’s five biggest banks are all based in Rothschild fiefdoms UK and France...
    They are the French BNP ($3 trillion in assets), Royal Bank of Scotland ($2.7 trillion), the UK-based HSBC Holdings ($2.4 trillion), the French Credit Agricole ($2.2 trillion) and the British Barclays ($2.2 trillion)... - - - In the US, a combination of deregulation and merger-mania has left four mega-banks ruling the financial roost... According to Global Finance, as of 2010 they are Bank of America ($2.2 trillion), JP Morgan Chase ($2 trillion), Citigroup ($1.9 trillion) and Wells Fargo ($1.25 trillion)... These banksters and a few others, own or operate in partnership with the US FED Reserve Bank...

6. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Very nice Mass
    I bet your proud as a peacock in spring
    your going to have to go shake your booty and work up some doe for that mast and rigging. You might save some fuel money if you tried to find an alternative source that would work in the DI engines, mines smelling a lot like french fries right about now. but there are lots of alternatives. I hadn't even heard of coconut oil being used as a fuel but hey if it works. Maybe used tires in a DIY pyrolysis system, enough insulation later and you could probably even process them on board.

anyway enough of the silly ideas, your boat looks spectacular and it will be a hard act to follow.

cheers
    B

7. masalai

masalai masalai

Thanks Boston,
    Boredom has induced me to return to a bit of reading on the global economic situation... I find that the pressure is building, but the "powers with vested interests" seem to be adding weights to contain the vessel with a consequent increase in the pressure whilst keeping the disaster contained... The resultant BANG is growing exponentially with the delays and the efforts to keep a - "DO NOTHING, DENY EVERYTHING BAD" - lid tightly held down...

Looking for a modestly benign weather window, as I will likely be travelling solo, and Monday week (9 days time), seems to look good?

I need to cross a bar to get into the channel behind Fraser Island and tide timing is also critical... Then a semi exposed run across Hervey Bay, avoiding the calving whales, and then, avoid the shipping manoeuvring to pick up a load of coal from one of several facilities before the relative peace up near the Whitsunday's...

8. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Sounds like a right interesting obstacle course. Do you get to snatch a flag if you get through it alive?

9. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Troy, That depends when I pass through the Whitsunday's, as, at a certain annual event called "The Fun Race" where live topless/naked 'figureheads' are mandatory, when, "snatch the flag" may well be reversed :eek: ?

10. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I'm sorting through airline reservations as we speak....

11. Boston

Boston Previous Member

sounds like the go go dancers at our club
    I'd post picts but last time I posted nudity a few folks protested

12. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Troy,
    Whitsunday tourism will advise of the schedule for the "fun race", or just pick a boat from the large charter fleet and wander over to the back-packer hostel and stick up a notice to say "free cruise around the Whitsunday group to bare breasted ladies"...

Hi Boston,
    Then just use a fertile imagination and go around with full plumage on... :eek:

13. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Mas I would like to know what your burn rate will be fully loaded
    3 liters / hour would be excellent at 6 knots with one motor

but what do you recon the displacement would be fully loaded - 5000 kgs ??

14. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Manie,
    that would be about it... Re-proping would likely improve that figure as one of the 44C's with mast & all as added resistance gets 6knots on a 1.4litre/hour burn using one engine... That would be running at about 2200 to 2400rpm ! I do not know what his boat weighs, and the 44C is slightly narrower waterline beam and of course a bit over 4 ft longer...
    I will probably weigh nearer 6 tonnes fully loaded and ready for a long trip... for me 3000 rpm feels sweeter and is less noise/vibration... The graphs on the "brochure" suggest 11hp at the propeller and 19hp at the crankshaft and nearly 45Nm of torque... What that will deliver through the water, only time will tell (when I can afford a pair of fixed blade propellers)... 3 miles per liter would be very nice...

I am not sure but I have a feeling that the 11hp "Propeller curve (hp)" may be that which is delivered with the supplied propeller... ?

15. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Mas so when you go for a joy ride now

what do you guess the "light ship" displacement is now
    what RPM
    what speed on one motor

I was looking at the Volvo D1 20
    and 1.5 litre per hour is feasable at six knots at 2200 rpm at 4000 kgs

http://www.volvopenta.com/volvopent...re_engines/c_diesel_sailboat/Pages/d1_20.aspx

http://vppneuapps.volvo.com/ww/PIE/...3-09-47-53&t=PDF1P&a=7749263&p=T416&d=Product Bulletins&s=821727&model=D1-20&transClassId=9&segmentId=17&lang=en-GB

nice graphs on the brochure

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.