Adjustable Jaw for Gaff on tapered Mast

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Daniel M, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Daniel M

Daniel M Junior Member

I think it will be along the lines of a universal, most likely a vertical pivot point at the car and than the horizontal at the gaff.

Mr. Cockey, agreed, I actually have already taken multiple freeboard measurements to calculate the very same and will be turning over what I have to the naval architect to get him started and like I said this will definitely be revisited several times before she goes out in any kind of weather. My "crew" is family and friends and despite my faith in Bolger and Hartog I will be double and triple checking everything especially since this is not exactly a typical hull design. I will be doing everything both digitally and then confirming with real world measurements.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021