1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

My little piece of peace

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by masalai, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

I am also doing the "healthy" thing because my next adventure will be down the Vaalriver = about 4 days.

that is excatly why I am in the shape i'm in :D

gotta get fitter for these longer trips ;)

2. Boston

Boston Previous Member

hey wait a minute there, beer has excellent breakfast value, its full of grains and hops, thats breakfast food guys.

always remember
    and never forget
    beer has food value
    but food has no beer value
    spend your money wisely

3. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Boston,
    "I will remember", is part of a phrase of remembrance to fallen friends. and is announced at 6pm in most reverent Returned Services League clubs in Australia and some even offer free beer to those who wear with pride their war service medals on ANZAC Day...

Budgetary limitations and the need to restore some level of personal physical fitness has forced some regime of partial abstinence...

4. masalai

masalai masalai

I am still waiting for a hard-stand site at Montey's marina (up the Caboolture River) unless someone knows of another location where costs of storage are minimal for a 40ft x 21.5 ft cat. In the meantime she sits at peace and waits......

Attached Files:

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Coming out!!! have to been to wog woga Island already--that was quick.

6. masalai

masalai masalai

Nah - - - I was just pissed off with the sand erosion where I am, as it exposes the underlying silt which has the consistency of jelly and will not hold the anchor (the reason I have a stern line to shore so the anchor will continue to bite into sand), and at low tide I sit on the seagrass.

At Montey's I will be able to modify the aft berth arrangement (lower them by about a foot) and also fit some 600 litre turtle pack fuel tanks. giving an additional 1200 litre fuel capacity. and a couple of other odds and ends over the winter.

7. downunder

downunder Junior Member

Good idea re your aft berth.

I noticed there was not a lot of headroom for activities :D:

cheers

8. masalai

masalai masalai

:D :D :D Like me resting and enjoying 'IT' and she sitting atop ? - - he he he huh? - - Try doing that in a hammock............ :eek:

9. sabahcat

sabahcat Senior Member

How much have you got now and is it really necessary for the miles you plan on?

10. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Sabah,
    Presently fuel is in 25 litre containers (about 500 litres) and the modifications to the aft berths (lowering) will allow only the flatter turtle-packs (I used to have space for 9 x 25 litre containers under each aft berth). and the spacers from there will be used to fix the spacing on the steps into the hull areas from the bridgedeck.

The break-in and attempted theft of the boat over the Xmas weekend damaged 4 containers. I bought the containers for use in Melanesia as I can carry 10 in the rubber-duckie with ease (2 and a half x 44 gallon drums equivalent).

Brisbane leg is roughly (wandering and exploring a bit) 910 miles and across to Samarai is another 480 miles and then minimum for the wander around Milne Bay region is another 400 miles plus the 1390 to get back to Brisbane is a round trip in the vicinity of 3200 N miles will require some 2000 litres of fuel therefore, allowing that some fuel will remain in the tanks and appropriate reserves 1200 litres up and a refill to get back. - - Cairns may be a fill point and for that part, about 1250 N miles, it could work nicely with the 1200 litre (2 x 600 litre) tanks. - - I think my numbers are reasonable? - Remember, "CNO" was designed to run on CocoNut Oil...

Both engines at 3000rpm gives 10 knots and a burn rate of 3 litres/hour each engine. - - - An outlook - http://www.caseyresearch.com/articles/investment-legends - I am personally seeking to avoid, through my planning and preparing to find shelter by staying in these calmer Melanesian waters...

11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

25 liters of liquid gold, hope security is good.

At least run a chain through the handles.

12. masalai

masalai masalai

You missed out one word "BLACK" meaning oil - at around Au$1.60 per litre or around Au$40.00 for a 25 litre drum full :D :D :D . - - - but you said "liters", and I do not know what they are? I have seen gas stove lighters, or cigarette lighters and sometimes a box or book of matches may be referred to as "lighters" but on "liters", - I am mystified as to your meaning? - - Errrrrr, are the lighters around your way that big?

By any chance are you speaking / writing in USAnian? or is it Thaiglish?

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Im sorry mas Ille try to be word perfect next time !!!!.

But Ive always spelt it like that as in Peter, porter, meter.

You seemed to have adopted the European way for some reason.

14. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Frosty - No just use an Australian and the English English dictionary as a matter of course.:D :D :D . The US dictionary is of no use / help as some of the writers there do not know the difference between "there" (a place), and "their" (a possession) for example, and often the spelling is simple phonetic or worse.

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

English spelling makes me laff, it should be phonetic as the Malays do,-- they eat kornflakes and have an ambulans at the hopitals.

I know what you mean about American English . My new computer with windows 7 is disgusting.

Shhhh dont tell Troy

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.