I'm sure glad you guys are here today

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by thudpucker, Jul 4, 2011.

1. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Here we go, Thudpucker. I mentioned my DVT in the middle of my flat-bottomed canoe build thread, and Hoyt started posting helpful information.

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/wo...on/building-flat-bottomed-canoe-33266-11.html

Mine hasn't completely cleared up yet; some swelling still comes and goes (although it's never gotten anywhere near what it was to begin with). I think part of the problem is that I spend hours driving, and more hours sitting in front of three monitor screens at work.

But it certainly doesn't crimp my style any. For example, lately I've been riding a bicycle three miles to work and three miles home several times a week.

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Ditto on all that but as I am further along the swelling is nearly gone and only flares from time to time. I take aspirin at the first hint of a problem and no longer take the warfarin. If the DVT comes back I will be put on warfarin permanently. Avoid broccoli, green tea or any tea or any other food high in vitamin K.

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/food-sources-of-vitamin-k.php

3. thudpucker

thudpucker Senior Member

Thanks. I got your PM and appreciate all of it.
    I watched Dr OZ on TV today. I think I'm gonna conspier with my Daughter to live a better life at the Dinner table. :)

4. hoytedow

My DVT started while I was under general anesthesia for eye surgery. My blood pressure dropped to 60/?. My experience was similar to Troy's, with a night in the hospital while I was instructed in the art of self-injection. Google DVT and learn all you can.

5. thudpucker

thudpucker Senior Member

Good idea. Mine started during a 12 hour sleep lying on my left side.
    We have a phamplet on DVT the Doc's gave us.
    The one side wants me to exercize and the other side wants me to lay still.
    We are looking into dietary now. Get some good chow with anti-coagulants. Vitamin K is bad, etc.
    As I improve, the pains come from a different location. But now it's not too painful.
    What I worry most about is the left foot that feels like Wood.
    We dont see the Doc again for a week.
    Thanks for the Info and experience.

6. Adler

Adler Senior Member

Good day,

How it's going today? :)
    I'll be glad to hear your news.

7. thudpucker

thudpucker Senior Member

Thanks Adler.
    Hows your business going over there? I see the Government is doing some negotians for the state of the Economy.

8. Adler

Adler Senior Member

More or less they try to reduce the size of the public domain (public servants).
    The problem is not based to the economy structure but actually is a state crisis.
    The country last thirty years was decided to increase the size of the public domain and continuously absorbed servants. Some how this number was increased for political reasons extremely fast last 10 years and of course after the world crisis on 2008 that was noted from the Evaluation Houses were the investment funds instructed regarding the interest of confidence to Greece. On that point the Status and the momentum of the Public Domain with all these redundant servants had an increased need for cash-flow in a period when the world economy had low investment rate and the Private Companies had low profit and consequently they gave decreased taxes' rates.
    Based to that and with low income the public domain had problem to move.
    The hard core of the solution is the expensive Euro €.
    The industry will move easier if the € turning down more than 15%.
    See now the point.... even the Euro Federal Bank proceed to move cash flow in Greece the Euro € price stands to high in the world market and the Industry can't reach the needed level of sales and takes lower income.
    Personally speaking we belong to Industry. Of course we have lower sales ,as told you, and we are waiting to see how the public domain's cost will be decreased and how the Euro € could be more soft to the markets.

9. thudpucker

thudpucker Senior Member

We are in a similar quandry over here. Our Economy was Industry based for a 100 yrs.
    We did well and lived good when we all had jobs and money.
    Americans purchasing cheap imports have taken most of that away from us.
    We also have a heavy burden of Bureaucrats.
    They are Tax hungry.
    Somehow the world has fogotton the Capitalist and the financial energy of Capitalisim.

10. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Hard to forget (or ignore) the capitalists while they're busy rifling the country's pockets, thudpucker.;)

Is it cheating to sneak up and dump this on you while you're a sitting duck, because of your leg?:p

Attached Files:

11. thudpucker

thudpucker Senior Member

Capitalisim brings jobs. Every Job in America comes from our Graduating Income Tax Schedule.
    Those so-called "Tax Breaks" are provision in the Income Tax schedu.e
    Wealth comes to the successful.
    A guy with a good product to sell will have Employees making good money of his Success.
    Picking pockets is the DNC giving our tax dollars away to buy votes with.

12. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Ive been taking pediatric asprin every day for years. I never get head aches but if I bleed it takes bit longer to clot.

But hey you cant die of nothing !

13. thudpucker

thudpucker Senior Member

Frosty, when I had my first Heart attack they told me to take an asperin a day. I musta missed the part about "Baby" asperin. I took the whole adult dosage.
    Soon my skin began to deterioate. Large blisters, liver spots, some other stuff too.
    The Doc filled me in...."Baby asperin" and I've taken them every since.
    Your right about "cant die of nuthin!" and I think my body is trying to complicate that theory. My autopsy should take a lot longer than a normal person.

14. hoytedow

15. thudpucker

thudpucker Senior Member

Holy Cow!
    I see the Doc in the morning and I'll ask about all this stuff.
    Gettin old aint for wimps!:D
    My Dad went in his sleep. I think I'd like to go out like that if it happens.
    Even if it's a drug induced sleep to kill the pain.

Right now the leg is turning a gaudy ruddish color because I dont keep it elevated enough. But if I do, the Toes and foot go to sleep.:mad:

Hoping for some good news in the Doc's office....
    Dick