Yachts from Russia and China

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by carlsson, Apr 5, 2009.

1. carlsson

carlsson www.yachtexhibit.com

Thanks.
    Do they have a website?

2. apex1

apex1 Guest

Do´nt even play with that idea.
    My friend Sasha (M-Sasha on the Forum) is building motoryachts in the Ukraine (he actually is my competitor that *******), they are not good on sailing vessels. Poland is a different issue, they are better on sailing-, than on motorboats. (and quite good)
    But believe me, it is much easier to get a good quality yacht build in Turkey where all the skills, suppliers and equipment are around since ages. Just in the neighbourhood of one of my yards are more than 200 boatbuilders! Not all at the same level naturally.

Regards
    Richard

3. Alik

Alik Senior Member

4. carlsson

carlsson www.yachtexhibit.com

5. szkutnik

szkutnik Junior Member

The biggest SV Royal Clipper (133,22m) is build in Poland, so we are the best!
    I am slowly going to that size.

szkutnik www.yacht-building.pl

6. apex1

apex1 Guest

Thats nice to know that you are on that way szkutnik. But was it clever to mention the complete desaster of building the "Royal Clipper"?
    And some of the polish boatyards are not bad, but they are a universe away from the best.

Alik
    Sasha is building as a contractor and I do´nt know if there are agreements of nondisclosure. So if he likes to show us a internetsite he should take the chance of free advertisement. I will not do so.

Regards
    Richard

7. MarijoV

MarijoV Junior Member

Would you consider checking out some of our yards in Croatia? Some great sailing vessels of this size, with more than a few circumnavigations were built here...

8. szkutnik

szkutnik Junior Member

Apex1, where is your sense of humor? It was a joke.

Yes some of polish boatyards are universe away from german.

http://www.sunreef-yachts.com/
    http://www.delphiayachts.pl/index.php?akcja=art_gallery&art_id=364
    and many others ;)

best regards
    Marek

9. Alik

Alik Senior Member

apex1:
    With all respect, there are different yards in Germany also. My friend is fighting with one very reputable yard in for his brand-new 65'(?) sailboat with list of 14 serious problems. For instance, he had to replace all portlights and deck hatches becasue the ones installed on the yard have just separated from the hull and deck. The delivery is not signed by him for 6 months and he is heading to court now (that is right way).

This is just sample - nobody is perfect.

10. apex1

apex1 Guest

Ahh... my sense of humor is´nt that bad, take it with a grain of salt. And yes naturally, even the top yards sometimes make serious mistakes. We all know that. I think to remember that I was pointing towards the good quality of some polish yards, was´nt I?

And szkutnik I agree those two yards shown are ages away from top standard. And this was not ironic, that was the plain truth. Go through their pictures, you´ll see what I mean.
    Regards
    Richard

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.