Yacht Fairer/Spray Painter needed in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by VanAstenPaint, Apr 4, 2014.

1. VanAstenPaint

VanAstenPaint Employer

We are currently working on several projects where we need a good fairer and 1-2 good Yacht spray guys.
    Workers would need to relocate to Wisconsin.

If interested please submit your resume as well details of your experience.
    This is an excellent opportunity in a good working environment.

Please message me with any questions.

*Edited*

Note we are not looking for another company or crew to do subcontract work for us. We are looking for skilled workers needing employment. So please do not highjack this post to advertise your company.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  2. tro

tro Junior Member

Date: April 8, 2014
    New build and Refit painting services

Dear Sir
    Thank you for taking the time to review our based at Broward Shipyards is located in the heart of the US Yacht industry in beautiful Fort Lauderdale Florida United States. We are currently looking for a new building or refitting project, oversight of large yacht or small construction not a problem, location anywhere. Pres of Luxury Yacht Refinishing, Inc. Enjoyed 31 years established with Megayacht, Superyacht, Shipbuilders and Boatbuilders in the world market. Our service offering includes new build fairing and finishes painting or Refit painting, Metallic, Interior painting, Repair existing teak decks and Varnish services. (LYR) specializes in project contractor, subcontractor, estimator and management to provide excellence in the application of yacht coatings. To our clients the best craftsmanship possible working with Megayacht and Superyacht Owners, Captains, Brokers, Designs, Shipyards and Boatyards. (LYR) deploys its crew’s world-wide to travel location anywhere at short notice and large or small assemble teams for foreign jobs with spray gun in hand. If you have any questions regarding our services please do not hesitate to contact us. Please send us an email or contact us with your requirements or inquiries and we will respond promptly to your request as soon as possible. Thank you once again for your confidence in us.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Luxury Yacht Refinishing, Inc.
    2420 South West 15th Avenue,
    Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315 United States
    Tro Le - 1 (954) 536 - 9877
    E-mail: luxuryyr@yahoo.com

3. Oceanna

Oceanna Junior Member

president

I saw your ad online, I am very interesting your jobs. I have been works many years for faired and painting super yachts. please provide me more information and I will sent you my completed reference in the past. my location at Vancouver Washington we are able to traveling any where your needs. my crews 8 man power and me. I have my own liability insurance and worker's compensation and own tool. the company I am working with Palmer Johnson Savannah, Hodgdon Yachts Booth Bay Harbor Me, Christensen Yachts Vancouver, Platypus Yachts Port Angeles wa. Bay Ship & Yacht Alameda Ca, Lazzara Yachts Tampa. my experience over 25 yrs in the business. please contact me at 360-566-3144 my e-mail at hmaioceanstars@earthlink.net

best all your

Mike

4. tro

tro Junior Member

I have a new job 91metre's new built show me your cv

5. oceannavigator2

oceannavigator2 Previous Member

Can we talk rates here? How much per hour or per square foot are fairers and painters looking for here?

I have a project too, but my builder employees are fairing and painting it. I was wondering what it might cost to finish the fairing we are more than half way through or... just the cost of spraying a high build, then after we sand that, spraying the top coat.

6. oceannavigator2

Project located in FL

7. Oceanna

Oceanna Junior Member

Dear Vigator 2

all quotation or estimated very private. if you are needs to quotation or estimation your project please provide me your project information and we go from there. how big your project and percent to finish.

hmaioceanstars@earthlink.net

Mike

8. oceannavigator2

I have the paint, I have the boat faired (or may contract out the last bit of that). The boat is also prepped, washed down and masked by us. This is just a spray.

I am not looking for a quote, but a square foot rate for spraying high build (compressor on site) and a square foot rate on spraying the top coat.

I would assume anyone who paints boats on a regular basis has these numbers at the ready?

9. Oceanna

Oceanna Junior Member

regular spray High build primer cost at 35.00 per hours

topcoats prays 75.00 per hours

basic faring and paints 45.00 per hours

For square foot beginning from steel or fiber glass prime fairing and finish topcoats 98.00 per square foot

10. oceannavigator2

Ok, thank you. That is way out of my reach. My guy get $10/hr. Not in South FL and not doing megayachts.

11. Oceanna

Oceanna Junior Member

check my website at oceanstarsmarinepainter.com we are currently contract with Platypus Marine inc. at Port Angeles WA. we are carry own worker's compensation and liability insurance and own tool.

I know south FL very well. I had been works there from 1992 till 1998 and I move to Tampa

thank you

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.