where to learn inflatable boat construction?

Discussion in 'Education' started by Steve W, May 10, 2015.

1. Steve W

Steve W Senior Member

Does anyone know of anywhere that one can learn inflatable boat construction methods. Im sure its not rocket science and I could figure it out myself but a better way would be to pay to attend a multi day workshop where you can gain some hands on experience and learn about materials, adhesives and most importantly sources of materials. Any info appreciated.

Steve.

2. Ike

Ike Senior Member

3. Steve W

Steve W Senior Member

Ike, I have read that thread a while ago but what I am really after is somewhere that does hands on training. A couple of years ago my son and I attended a 3 day workshop with Derek Kellsal where we learned his KSS system as well as resin infusion and I can tell you we learned more in that 3 days than years of perusing and participating in forums on the internet. It was some of the best money ive ever spent which is why I am interested in something similar for inflatable construction.

Steve.

4. Ike

Ike Senior Member

I honestly have never heard of a course in that subject. You might want to look at http://www.rib.net/ They also have a forum and someone there might have an answer to your question.

5. wet-foot

wet-foot Senior Member

Google inflatable boat builders in Florida. There are a few shops there that would probably let you spend a few days helping them with tube construction.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.