When is fiberglass done for?

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by JustinT, Oct 15, 2013.

1. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Are you really this uninformed about typical laminate schedules used in production building? Maybe it's a translation issue, but your last post make very little sense.

2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

PAR, it is likely that failure has occurred in the English translation. But I did not want to speak of my ability with languages ​​but how can you know the composition of the laminate which has a panel of a ship. I do not know how to find out and I think it would be very, very, interesting that if you know tell me.
    When a language is mastered several words can be made up to look like a high-tech phrase, but in reality, not saying anything.
    Specifying, PAR, you know how to find the components used to make a FRP panel?.
    If my English is not good, just tell me and I´ll try to explain better

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  3. JustinT

JustinT Junior Member

No doubt what you and Sam have said in regard to fix what I have with similar laminate schedule, yet with similar to better materials is right on. That is the take home info from this thread and all one needs to do most of the time.

I am a person who always wants to know more then needed. It helps me connect, synthesize and analyze many more things then just fixing a boat. I have degrees in chemistry, and biology. I made it through the first few weed out calculus and physics classes for engineering majors. Geer's book sounds exactly what I am looking for thanks. Justin

4. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

The better materials should include epoxy resin

5. JustinT

JustinT Junior Member

Michael it will definitely include epoxy, biax and or triax, and marine grade plywood just to name a few of the better materials. Thanks for your thoughts folks. Justin

6. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member