whats this tool

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Boston, Dec 21, 2009.

  1. Boston

    Boston Previous Member

    I was recently stumped by what this tool is
    anyone want to take a guess

  2. Guest62110524

    Guest62110524 Previous Member

    looks like something a chairmaker may have used, clamping to bend
  3. jim lee
    Joined: Feb 2007
    Posts: 368
    Likes: 20, Points: 18, Legacy Rep: 247
    Location: Anacortes, WA

    jim lee Senior Member


    Its a board stretcher. Cut a plank too short? Put it in there and give it a stretch.

    Actually, it looks like gigantic wire stripper.

    -jim lee
  4. dskira

    dskira Previous Member

    I think it is rigger wise

  5. hoytedow
    Joined: Sep 2009
    Posts: 5,857
    Likes: 400, Points: 93, Legacy Rep: 2489
    Location: Control Group

    hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

    Show it in different position, or opened.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.