whats going on with China

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by watchkeeper, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi SamSam,

I agree that there is Right & Wrong - - As for politics - does not apply... - - The loss will be in loss of trust & confidence in any/all currencies is the ONLY issue, as the banks globally are all so deeply interlinked, one falls, they ALL fall, and most banks are too big to bail out now.... When you need to sell, you take what you can get - especially when the markets are manipulated as they ARE on COMEX... That is an undeniable and proven fact if you care to read the published and authenticated data...

Troops are irrelevant once they know that there is NO VALUE in the money that they may get in payment for doing their duty for a governmant that has only worthless fiat currency... If the troops see food by attacking a foreign country they may fight...

That is not the issue - - The issue is the total collapse of trust and faith in ALL FIAT currencies around the world because the commercial banks succomb initially, then the "Reserve" banks collapse closely followed by "Soveriegn Debt Defaults" as Countries collapse - - All because they cannot access any money that anyone trusts or will accept for payment for a debt...

Australia is a small fry, hardly worth bothering about as the infrastructure cost to access anything useful may well be beyond reasonable return... Walk in and take what you can find and in a couple of months you will be out of petroleum (gas and Diesel) and probably dieing of thirst or drowned in a sudden flash flood from a monsoonal storm... Most crops will be planted midyear and not due for harvest till near XMAS 2013 - Oops starvation will beat most invaders as to get anywhere they will have to bring their own fuel, food, drinking water and machinery... Just think about it cooly and carefully, and you see that I am not far off the beat...

I am confused, as Antarctica is to the South and the climate there is almost unlivable. Much of Australia's North is protected by savage 30 ft tides and reef and rock strewn shallows or mudflats, Also remember the - Not well charted coral reefs and of course a growing herd of crocodiles that make 'gaters seem positively friendly and charming pets...

Just read those two links and any stuff you do not understand do some of your own research and understand, - (use your search engine to identify the meaning of key phrases), - I did, and still do to a great extent even now, after reading and learning for 7 years and more...

2. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

I was listening to some Talking Heads on BBC World service last night and they too were predicting the end of civil society via hyperinflation and monetary system collapse. The mother of all fiscal cliffs.

3. myark

myark Senior Member

4. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Flies !!

Once, when I was young and stupid , I rode a pushbike from Sydney to Hobart.

millions of Flies !!!!! Somedays my sweat coveed back was a total fly carpet

5. masalai

masalai masalai

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/big-reset-2012-and-2013-will-usher-end-scariest-presentation-ever Obviously no one has cared to read the 32 slide power-point presentation slides by scrolling using the slide bar on the rhs of the insert...

slide 25 has this....
    slide 25 has this....
    It goes on to say....
    That comes from a well respected authority on the global financial situation...

1 person likes this.
  6. watchkeeper

watchkeeper Previous Member

Myark, were the Chinese workers paid according to Aust Mineworkers Union/Govt rules or as Chinese itinerant workers directly under Chinese mine owner pay scales.

Pre independance I worked in PNG and at Panguna mine site breakin supervising site pumps & plant/barges on Keita port development. Region was under Aust territory managment so expats were on A zone pay plus allowances but locals and PNG kanakas, Filipinos etc were paid according to their country scales (on Aus territory).

7. watchkeeper

Sailing is the easiest way!

8. bntii

bntii Senior Member

9. myark

myark Senior Member

With Chinese wages rising at about 17 percent per year and the value of the yuan continuing to increase, the gap between U.S. and Chinese wages is narrowing rapidly.
    All over China, wages are climbing at 15 to 20 percent a year because of the supply-and-demand imbalance for skilled labor.
    As a result of the changing economics, you’re going to see a lot more products ‘Made in the USA’ in the next five years.
    After adjustments are made to account for American workers’ relatively higher productivity, wage rates in Chinese cities such as Shanghai and Tianjin are expected to be about only 30 percent cheaper than rates in low-cost U.S. states. And since wage rates account for 20 to 30 percent of a product’s total cost, manufacturing in China will be only 10 to 15 percent cheaper than in the U.S.—even before inventory and shipping costs are considered.
    Products that require less labor and are churned out in modest volumes, such as household appliances and construction equipment, are most likely to shift to U.S. production. Goods that are labor-intensive and produced in high volumes, such as textiles, apparel, and TVs, will likely continue to be made overseas.
    http://www.bcg.com/media/PressReleaseDetails.aspx?id=tcm:12-75973

1 person likes this.
  10. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Interesting article; thanks for posting the link.

11. masalai

masalai masalai

12. watchkeeper

Your figures and omitted details are misleading.

A few major foreign manufacturing companies were forced to increase basic wages after being exposed otherwise China companies only increase wages a max 5% PA.

Just today a report on CCTV the govt controlled foreign news service had a programe concerning immigrant (domestic) workers in Beijing earn an average rmb4750pm while an apts in older tennant building now cost rmb30000p/sqm. New apt average at rmb60000p/sqm. This issue is on the prioty agenda for new leader because 7% middle class chinese are moving overseas or sending money overseas while the 92.7% can't save. The other 0.03% live in painfree zone of billionares.

As I said in previous post my wife is the managerof a logistics company branch and earns 70% less than a similar position in US or ANZ. I pay welders , while I'm paying qualified welders rmb60.00 per hr

I don't see China/US wages closing the gap in any near future

13. myark

myark Senior Member

Wages have gone up with factories by government law and not just the foreign owned factories as the government are making it so the people’s income can afford to purchase goods alongside better working conditions which are creating a huge domestic market boom and are why the economy is thriving more than ever before.
    But on the other hand you say you pay 60 rmb or $10 USD each hour for a welder that definitely closes the gap in China.
    That’s far more than Hong Kong wages and is unheard off in Guangdong and other provinces unless that workers has been charged out to their customer for 60 rmb making that company a large profit so maybe you should check the facts of this List of List of minimum wages in China (PRC))
    The wages have doubled in the last 5 years in the region I live to average of $3000 rmb a month because skilled labor is hard to find and the workers are picking their employers and it’s said by the factory owners when I talked in detail about wages that by law wages will raise steadily each year from now on meaning the 15 to 20 percent a year is correct.
    As far as culture you mention that you need to buy an apartment before getting married I have never heard of this before as well that one needs to tilt his glass of beer away and below a superior when doing the ganbei, that would be tall popping and something I do not experience in China.

14. myark

myark Senior Member

Myark, were the Chinese workers paid according to Aust Mineworkers Union/Govt rules or as Chinese itinerant workers directly under Chinese mine owner pay scales.

The Chinese workers where on a set salary agreed before they came to the mine from China.
    The Australian and New Zealand workers where on how many hours we worked so it was different wage structure, I think we earned about 20% more.

15. myark

myark Senior Member

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchina/2012-03/06/content_14768432.htm

During his speech on the government work report, a significant part of the two sessions every year, Wen pointed out more than 10 times that China will try to improve people's livelihood and make sure they are happy and comfortable, which won several rounds of applause from the audience in the Great Hall of the people.
    Wen emphasized this was a "key task" this year, saying China will try to establish a mechanism whereby employees incomes can rise regularly.
    The Chinese government is already on course in addressing the issue. Only a month ago, the State Council said in employment promotion guidelines that from 2011 to 2015, China's minimum wage level will increase annually by more than 13 percent. Based on the calculations, personal incomes are expected to double by the end of 2015.

http://www.cncworld.tv/news/v_show/27666_China_s_manufacturing_future_.shtml

http://www.cncworld.tv/news/v_show/26970_China_s_price_war.shtml

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.