What have you done this weekend...?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Wynand N, Jul 6, 2008.

1. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

i chased 2 skunks a cat and three women down the road. was a tough weekend..
    highs knotty long time no see ;)

2. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

Gave your nose a proper workout didn't you? :p

3. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

sure did,, those women stank pretty bad hehe ;)
    :D

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Did you catch one?

5. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

i did,, and it tasted great,,,skunk that is hehe ; )

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Do you have a recipe for skunk could do with that on the eating outdoors thread.

How do you eat it without stink , the skunk I mean.

7. RayThackeray

RayThackeray Senior Member

Floated the boat

Got her in the water to conduct stability tests/measure displacement, and do a fundraiser launch event!
    1600 pixels RayonBowsAtDock 1-Apr-12.jpg

8. KnottyBuoyz

KnottyBuoyz Provocateur & Raconteur

Just woke up from winter hibernation! :p

9. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

bout time lol. i just woke up from a life hibernation. time to get back to work. man im tired hehe ; )

10. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

i can look out my window and see the border crossing,, i may go step on it tomorrow. you all have some good beer

11. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

Finally got back to working on my Eider Duck...I may not have mentioned in this thread but I am building my 10 ft version of a Puddle Duck. Using 3mm for the side and tank panels, 1/2" for the transoms and 5mm for the decks. Tank's panels are stiffened with 1 1/2" thick closed cell foam panels and framed with Cedar strips for chine logs, tank top and bottom supports. Right now I'm finishing framing the panels and gluing on the foam. By this weekend I should be going 3D with the boxes. After that it should be a quick put together if the procrastination flu doesn't hit again. I'll post pics when anything is pic-able. I'll be slathering paint on the inside of the tanks as a sealant in case any water gets into the tanks. There will be hatches to access the tanks...in the tops.

[​IMG]

12. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

And re adjust the water line ?

13. RayThackeray

RayThackeray Senior Member

This is a new empty hull we took over without plans, so we have modelled it in 3D in FreeShip. Now launched, this is our first opportunity to determine the precise waterline. With equipment and ballast already installed, we can calculate exact displacement and edit the FreeShip model, which will allow us to refine the numbers we already have.

We were extremely happy to find the boat is more buoyant than we expected; clearly we had put in too conservative estimates for hull weight... Good news!

14. KnottyBuoyz

KnottyBuoyz Provocateur & Raconteur

Spent some quality time with my belt sander! :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. skyking1

skyking1 Junior Member

Looking good Rick.
    Yesterday I worked on a little side project i picked up a few weeks ago. I bought an isuzu NPR to get that tasty little 4BD1T diesel. I was going to scrap it whole afterword, but put the flat bed in CL to see if I could get a little more cabbage out of it. A charming fellow with a collection of old Mack trucks wanted it for one of his toys.
    He came armed with a huge collection of wood blocks. We measured and pondered, then started raising the isuzu up in stages by driving up on blocks. He had one 4x8 x 12' and we got that between bed and frame up front, then set that on some industrial sawhorses of mine. Jacked up the back and drove the isuzu out and backed his flatbed truck in, set it down. I was glad to see it get used instead of scrapped.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.