What Effect Coming Ice Age on North of 30th Parallel Boating?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by hoytedow, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark775

mark775 Guest

Don't leave the Dugongidae, Hydrodamalis gigas out of the evolutionary portrait. (Steller's sea cow). Ours were very slow up here (dumb) and were all eaten - about on par with AGW believers but less skittish. Experts feel that this skittish nature, some call "shifty", is the single most defining factor in AGW believers having out-survived Steller's sea cows (Ultimate survival is still a toss-up with manatees, warmers and dugongs, though the science is settled on the intelligence issue.) Here, in keeping with scientific method as practiced in Climate Change Rapidity All About People (CRAAP), I've constructed a graph to add weight to this science. I hope this clears things up:
    liberals vs dugongs.jpg

If one notices, the graph for both progressives/warmers (purple) and manatees-dugongs (blue) start about the same time. That is to make the graph look better by not cluttering it with sea cow data compiled in the Komadorskies in the 27 years it took to irradicate them. Pause (This ommision of fact is accepted scientic reporting since, oddly, about the same time as the "invention" of the progressive). If the graph is expanded, included are intricacies not apparent at first glance. For example, A steep drop-off in numbers of manatees occured the day that the outboard motor was invented, there is a five year rise in dugong populations when the Japanese substituted rice and Spam in the early forties, progressives always existed but did not fully feel impowered until the British inexplicably hired Chamberlain instead of the man that saved the world and this guy named Johnson started the then-new concept of "Hope and Change", so during his stay in the Whitehouse, progressivism started to fester and metastasize with vigor. There is a slight rise (One manatee) in the blue graph at the point where signs were put up everywhere and boaters were forced to slow down, also a Reagan air bubble in the fuel line of the progressive meteoric growth during his presidency.
    There are signs that these horrible trends will one day actually reverse but it will necessitate a concerted forced effort, or as a recent climate thread fanatic put it, "cooperation". Like an acrobatic airplane in a stall, there are signs that the progressive movement is on the cusp of an out-of-control tailspin. You can readily see that in the light-medium-purple projected part of the graph (strangely starting in 2012) there will be a fall like a Hillary Clinton trying to board a plane. http://www.wisepolitics.com/hillary-clinton-falls-boarding-plane-3031.html
    One may ask if the manatee and the dugong are destined to the same fate as the Stellar sea cow...The answer is "Not if I can help it" but they have no hope until we reach equilibrium between manatees and progressives.

When do I get my government grant?

1 person likes this.
  2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I am really impressed and enlightened. This is the first True Scientific Study correlating the invention of the outboard motor and the decline of manatee herds. Not only that, but you manage to draw a nice little graph too.

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Attached Files:

4. hoytedow

If you want to assure their survival, farm them for food.

5. Boston

Boston Previous Member

[​IMG]

maybe one of you guys can point out where the global cooling is, or ever was for that mater
    looks like a consistent "rise" in temp to everyone else who looks at the data

by the way those dotted green lines are the deniers projections of global cooling that were proven wildly incorrect

someone beet you to this unsubstantiated prediction a few years ago Hoyt, one of the better known deniers said the world would begin cooling off over the next few years, naturally since no data supported that view a bet was offered and the waiting game was on. Well its been several years and guess what. The deniers predictions are in green and the instrument data is in red and blue. Kinda a no brainer eh. Nothing is cooling off.

you can read the details of the wager here

sorry folks but somehow those links all keep coming up screwy, I'll fix that soon as I get a chance
    ok the bet discussion starts here and there's links to additional stuff. http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2008/05/global-cooling-wanna-bet/

Or you could save a lot of time and just look at the graph.

There is no global cooling, at least not yet.

cute thread tho
    I gotta get me one of these

6. hoytedow

Gobbledigook.

7. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

If you stretch the graph left in time, to where it is not convenient to "Global Warmists", we have Global Cooling. Ask the dinosaurs.

8. Boston

Boston Previous Member

ah but the predictions by the deniers was that we are "entering" a cooling phase. Which of course as we now know didn't happen. We know that by looking at "this" graph and seeing a clear "warming" trend.

If I remember the bet was for a nice friendly 2500 euro's and went something like this

the basis of the bet is predictions depicted in this graph
    [​IMG]

and as we now know those predictions were way off and in fact no cooling occurred
    [​IMG]

I might note that the resolutions are different so this is not the best visual representation of what is going on but the fact remains that no cooling occurred. Interestingly enough almost the exact opposite level of warming occurred.

9. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I don´t think that the data is accurate enough for less than 1F variations. It fall within the data error margin.

10. Boston

Boston Previous Member

ya we got into lengthy discussions concerning the accuracy of the various data pools over on the climate thread so I suppose I'd refer you there to understand it better. In a nut shell HadCrut and GISTEMP are the accepted measurements not only by the scientific community but also as agreed to in the bet. Come to think of it I'm not so sure the guys making the global cooling predictions were willing to take the bet. I think the RealClimate folks just offered it to them. Will have to go look that one up.

cheers
    B

apparently the authors of the global cooling predictions were not willing to take the bet

11. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I really dislike the position that there has to be two opposing camps. I even more despise the idea that there are no other options.

12. bntii

bntii Senior Member

Is there no order in life, no sanity?
    This is the cooling thread, Who let that other guy in here...

13. Boston

Boston Previous Member

my bad
    carry on

Gonzo
    I've often commented on the idea that there is only one working climate theory. Often in science there are several competing theorys each showing some promise and each showing some pretty fuzzy areas. This is one of the unique things about climate science as there is and has been a very strong working theory for quite some time and its not only withstood that test of time its also managed to eclipse all comers by making numerous accurate predictions. Its really a very sound theory and its only in the public domain that its perceived to have problems. A perception that is largely driven by PR campaign of the energy industry.

It would be more interesting if there were competing theories but in climate science its just not the case. Kinda leads to a pretty black and white stance although the apposing view is left pretty groundless due to that lack of a competing theory that might support there dissent

If you want a mosh of theories all with whopping holes in them check out the current comics of cosmology. They are clueless when it comes right down to it. Only thing we can really say about the universe is we don't know how old it is or how it was formed.

14. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

He had the fake mustache and wig on. Nobody noticed he was one of "those people"

15. wardd

wardd Senior Member

it's global climate change not local weather

the planet as a whole is warming and you have to average the temp for the whole year not just for a few days in any one place

some areas may very well get colder and the weather swings may be more extreme from hot to cold

but you all have heard this before and still deny it

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.