What does it take to design a proper yacht?

Discussion in 'Education' started by Guest, May 30, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi!

I'm a student of graphic design/interior arcitechture. However, I've discovered a great interest in the design of wooden boats/yachts.

Are there schools which offer courses for long distance learning. And would such a course give me the proper skills needed? Will such an education qualify to work within Europe (EU)

Also, how does the approvement of a yach work? Do I really have to have a proper education (i.e naval arcitechture), or is it enough to have a properly made boat. ? Could I solve problems just by hiring others to do the most tricky work, without spending a fortune?

In short. I have a piece of paper with the drawing of a yacht, what should I do in order to make this boat come to life?

Thanks, I appreciate your thoughts on this!

Howard

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.