Well This Sucks-20 Million Tons Headed This Way

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by WestVanHan, Oct 26, 2011.

1. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

I've been wondering about this (my fears now confirmed) as finding the glass fishing floats and finding cool booze bottles from Japan is great fun,but this is really NFG.

"HONOLULU, Hawaii - Up to 20 million tons of tsunami debris floating from Japan could arrive on British Columbia's shores by 2014, according to estimates by University of Hawaii scientists.
    A Russian training ship spotted the junk — including a refrigerator, a television set and other appliances — in an area of the Pacific Ocean where the scientists from the university's International Pacific Research Center predicted it would be.

Researchers' projections show the debris would reach Hawaii's shores by early 2013, before reaching the West Coast.
    They estimate the debris field is spread out across an area that's roughly 3,200 kilometres long and 1,600 kilometres wide located between Japan and Midway Atoll, where pieces could wash up in January."

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Come on, this isn't the American way dude. Think of a way to incorporate the junk into a cheaply made product and sell it back to them . . . Now this is the American way . . .

3. philSweet

philSweet Senior Member

I was thinking forged warantee cards.

4. Frog4

Frog4 Proletariat

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.