Weirdest way to build a boat yet?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by baboonslayer, May 24, 2010.

1. baboonslayer

baboonslayer Junior Member

I just found out I am getting my aluminum boat for a mere 50-60$!:D The guy couldn't get the title for the trailer, and since I was going to pay 100$ originally for the trailer/boat combo, I am only going to buy the boat and I am going to car top it.

BTW, maybe you should sit behind your wife with a 700 nitro express and ask her why she was sitting behind you with a .45 ;)

I can't think of another weird building method right now...
    Time to go fishing anyways:)

2. WickedGood

WickedGood Guest

Styrofoam flotation blocks under a plywood deck strengthened by 2x4s

Styrofoam flotation blocks under a plywood deck strengthened by 2x4s

You Mean like this?

I used 2 layers of 3/8 for the bottom and one layer of 3/8 for the top.

Covered with 10 oz glass cloth and polester.

I built it as a one piece deck for a Gene-One 5.2 meter inflateable zodiac style boat but sold the boat before I ever got to use the deck.

It would make a dandy Duck sneak boat or a hard top for your lobster yacht or even a large huck fin raft. Wieghs a couple hunderd pounds.

Its covered with ndoor outdor carpet

Its for Sale .

Make me an Offer

WickdGoodOutdoors@Maine.rr.com

[​IMG]

3. baboonslayer

I am going to buy the aluminum boat tomorrow. I have to haul the trailer home too, even though Ron can't get the title for it. Hopefully I will not get a ticket while hauling the non-street legal trailer. The trailer is missing a part, and I don't know what it is called. It is shaped like this >< kind of, it is made of rubber and the bow rests on it. This part is one solid piece.

WickedGood, no, I am not interested in buying something in Maine when I live in Colorado. I don't think it's worth the trip and I don't need it anyway.

4. baboonslayer

I got the boat today (yeah, I know off topic again :)) and I took it out on Lake Loveland. No outboard yet, but I paddled it (me & my bro) and it rowed pretty good. It's fairly stable. Not bad for a 100 $ boat, especially since it didn't have any leaks. I cleaned it up before I went out on the lake with it. It's been sitting for 5 years. I also measured it and it IS 12 feet long. Haven't measured the beam yet. Pretty sure it's 4 feet. I will upload a few pics of it later.