motor runs rough at 1/4 throttle and vibration and trouble startin

Discussion in 'Diesel Engines' started by marsh trapper, Aug 31, 2015.

1. marsh trapper

marsh trapper Junior Member

Hey guys I have a 3 cylinder beta28hp diesel inboard for my workboat at trotline crabbing speed about 1/4 throttle it vibrates horrible and it has gotten worse..it never did this before?..and when I accelerate it clears and runs smooth and when I have throttle all the way down its clear as well?

Now today when out crabbing it ran horrible and when I tried to accelerate sailing in it bogged down and cut off ..I literally had to put put in and even that it didnt feel like it had the getyyup it use too..when I got in n tied up i cut motor off and waited an hour and tried starting.. it didnt want too at all ..all it did was crank over until I pumped throtttl lever then it sputtered and smoke and what appears to b oil came out of wet exhaust..can someone please help me..I have changed secondary fuel filter but not racor if that helps..thanks

2. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

When it is running rough loosen the pipe nut on each injector , one at a time,

This will show if its one cylinder , or the entire engine that has a problem.

If its just one cylinder pull its injector and swop it for one of the others.

Have the injector rebuilt if required.

3. marsh trapper

marsh trapper Junior Member

got it

Fixed it ..it was electric fuel pump going bad

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.