wanting a jet drive boat

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by pongorulz, May 29, 2009.

1. pongorulz

pongorulz New Member

i was recently given a ford 302 and decided to build a boat for it. but i want a jet drive boat, i have always had so much fun in jet drives. anyways i cant seem to find a hull for it. everywhere i look on line everybody has these little rooster tail boats and that not what im looking for. im looking for something like a seadoo or yahama jet boat, something like 20 feet or so so that my buddies and i can do some wake boarding and what not.

so since i cant find a "jet drive hull" i was wondering if its possible to just use a inboard hull, since they have those plates mounted to transom

and is a 302 a big enough engine for this idea

2. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

pongorulz

You're putting the cart before the horse. To do it properly, you need to select/'design' a boat that suits your requirements other than you have been given a Ford 302! Design/select the type of boat you want, ie what length, beam, draft, outfit etc things "you would like" from your boat, then design/select one that satisfies those requirements. Once you have that, then you can see whether your Ford 302 will be suitable or not.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.