USCG Technical Manager for Boat Acquisition (Washington, DC)

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by ECP, May 9, 2023.

1. ECP

ECP New Member

USAJOBS - Job Announcement (or General Engineer, GS 0801-11/12/13 https://www.usajobs.gov/job/724542900). Open from 05/09/2023 to 05/18/2023.

An exciting opportunity to become a technical manager at the USCG Boat Acquisition Program (CG-9325)! Position provides opportunities to work on multiple boat programs during various phases of an acquisition (e.g., requirements development, generating specification, developing request for proposal, evaluating and leading to contract award, contract execution, test and evaluation, etc.,).

2. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Wow, A GS 13 now makes 145K a year. When I retired in 2004 it was just under 100K.

3. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

Yeah, pretty much the reason I never "rose to the bait"....make more real money in pocket than the wage slaves offer.

4. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

If you want to bring back retirees, you need to offer them the ability to make a difference...not fight the same old cat fights.....or do the same old make-work...we have already done that scheisse...

5. Ike

Ike Senior Member

I didn't retire because of the pay. Actually the pay and benefits were pretty good. The work was good and fulfilling. But when they put the Coast Guard into the Department of Homeland Security, I told my wife, as soon as I am eligible for retirement, I'm out of here!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.