trojan cabin restoration down south

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by suntanaquaman, May 17, 2007.

1. suntanaquaman

suntanaquaman New Member

anyone know of some one or company down south in texas gulf coast that rebuilds wooden cabins ive got a 30' trojan sea raider 1974 model Im trying to refurbish
    any info would be help full most places deal in fiberglass not wood

2. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Not sure where you mean, Texas Gulf Coast is pretty long. Many cabin boats have some wood in them, and any marina that repairs boats 30' and larger will usually have some experience with wood repairs such as bulkhead, deck, stringer, and/or transom work. Call around to the marinas. If they don't have the skills in their own employees they might have subcontractors or wood shops they can refer you to.

This place is near Houston, they say they do deck and transom repair work:

http://www.lighthouse-marine.com/services.html

This is a link to a Texas classic boat and car organization. They should know local resources for wood repair.

http://www.woodenkeels-classicwheels.com/

3. suntanaquaman

suntanaquaman New Member

thanks Charlie
    I gave light house a call they work mainly on small trailerable boats not in yards what the guy told me and not the type of full scall retoration im looking for, complete cabin refit
    im near houston in baytown and will try the wheels and keels place
    Im trying to find someone without going thru a boat yard due to the extra charges most yards dont want to give up the name of there subs i have found because they want the work but I will keep trying
    todd

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.