transom support

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by James Francis, May 29, 2006.

1. James Francis

James Francis Junior Member

I have a 22 inboard and I am in the process of installing a 9.9 auxillary engine(90 lbs) on a new garelick outboard 4 stroke bracket. The bracket is very beefy but I was hoping for some input on the ability of the transom to handle the stress. The boat is a 79 chris craft CC so it is well built, The transom has a convex shape and at a slight angle and is 3/8 - 1/2 solid glass. Since the boat has much needed trim tabs, the bracket is going to have to be mounted near the center which has a little more flex than I thought it would. I have mounted the bracket with a 1/2 marine ply backing plate.

Any thoughts as to whether the transom should be able to handle the load of a 9.9 in any type of condition?

Thanks,

James

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.