Trailer Design - Boat CAD Block Reqd

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by OzPete, Sep 27, 2007.

1. OzPete

OzPete New Member

Hey All,
    I'm a student of Mechancal Engineering at the University of Technology in Sydney. For my final year thesis i'm investigating boat trailer design and loading systems. I'm focusing the design around trailers to suit 20 foot bowriders such as the Regal 2000, Four Winns 200, Searay 200 Select, Chaparral 204 and Crownline 200LS.

I'm carrying out the trailer modelling in Solidworks 07, and was wondering if anyone would be able to provide me with a CAD block of a hull in this size range (approx 6m long and around 2.5m beam) that i can use to assist with the design of the loading system, and for use in the overall model.

Time constraints and my experience with designing hull in CAD mean that if possible i would like to have a boat that i can insert into my arrangement to check the trailer sizing and loading component locations etc. This way i can concentrate of the detailed modelling of the trailer components.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry for the long post

Thanks
    Pete

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.