TR1 autopilot spec, Garmin customer service didn't know, maybe someone here will.

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by missinginaction, Nov 16, 2016.

1. missinginaction

missinginaction Senior Member

I had a nice discussion with Garmin customer service regarding their TR1 autopilot for use with a Yamaha T9.9 outboard kicker.

Sadly, the Garmin rep was unable to provide a spec that is important to my installation.

I need to know the following about the Garmin wireless remote control receiver/antenna assembly (part # 130-2410-00):

1. What is the length of the antenna wire (distance from TR1 wireless remote receiver to antenna)?

2. What is the length of the cable that connects the TR1 wireless remote receiver to the TR1 ECU?

Garmin said they'd try to get this information but so far I haven't heard back from them. Hopefully someone here might see this post and be able to shed some light on this.

Thanks,

MIA

2. missinginaction

missinginaction Senior Member

Well, I found the answer to my question!

This information was not easy to find. Strangely, even Garmin customer service could not help. Fortunately, a nice person at Portland Marine Electronics in Clackamas Oregon was nice enough to go into their warehouse and actually measure the TR1 remote receiver cable lengths for me.

The specifications are listed below:

Here are the lengths from the TR-1 wireless:

Cable from ECU to wireless receiver 8’

Cable from wireless receiver to handheld plug is 2’

The cable for the wireless antenna is 4.5’ – from wireless receiver to antenna

The handheld has an 18’ cable

You can add an extension to either end of the wireless receiver cable and the extensions come in 3 meter, 6 meter and 9 meter lengths.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.