TP52s

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by mighetto, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. photoboy

photoboy Guest

Seems pretty strange to me that she would post something like "Leave me alone Frank', then later go to a Mac site and provoke more interaction.
    I see as a direct tease to induce more conflict, with possable repercussions.

I'm tellin you guys, Mike and Sudie are doing this just to provoke him, when they said leave her alone or legal action was coming.

They are the problem, not Frank.

If you go to the archives of the SA site and look for Sudies first post about Frank, you'll truly see who the victim is.

2. photoboy

photoboy Guest

Here's a food for thought gang,
    Now we all consider Frank to be a bit out in left field, right?

Ok, Frank isn't the only nut case out there, right?

What if Mike and Sudie are also left fielders, you know?
    They both have a lot of experiance with the old computer.
    It's possable that they have a multitude of screen names,
    It's very possable to sway the crowd when several people agree on a subject, I am a little bit negative towards Mac's myself, but why so much hype?
    How many of the posters here do you really know for sure?

So they decide, for whatever sick reason they might have, to pick out someone and rally against them with all of thier own screen names, others see the havoc and join in on the side of the majority.

Might be how they get thir kicks.

3. Shife

Shife Anarchist

Comparing Tripp Gal, who spends time helping other sailors, to Frankie, who spends time infuriating other sailors, is a pretty cheap way to stir the ****. Frank was kicked out of that forum long ago. Tripp Gal was not. So what if she want's to give tips to Mac owners. It's better than Frank telling them that their boats are transocean capable.

4. photoboy

photoboy Guest

WOOOOhhhhooaaa, This even scared me when the thought popped into my head,

What if the three of them are in it together?

Think about it, Mike, if he were really that mad at Frank, would have slapped him around by now.

Sudie, if not involved just would have quit posting,

And Frank never seems to be affected by the threats that the both of them have made against him.

5. Tripp Gal

Tripp Gal Junior Member

I will not be quiet regarding the discussion about my activity on a BB regarding people affected by Katrina. I cannot believe that there should be any discussion regarding the venue or my care and concern about people on the Gulf Coast let alone how Frank Mighetto could take it to mean I am trying to provoke him by caring about the hurricane survivors.

Just because of the type of boat people own doesn't mean that they suffer any less in face of natural disaster. Quite a few people on the MacGregor board have ties and mutual acquaintances in AL, FL, LA, and MS. It's not about the type of boat you own, political opinions, or any other petty difference that I posted my concern. To turn human compassion into something other than what it was shared as is just plain outright hateful.

You should be thankful that you have never had to live through a hurricane. A hurricane itself is bad enough but picking up the pieces and moving on is a bigger emotional ordeal for all affected. Count your lucky stars that you aren't seeing what was your home or neighborhood on the TV as you sit in a hotel lobby of a strange town and hear people talk. Then they point out where it looked like a house used to be and you realize they are pointing to the foundation that used to be where you lived up until that moment. Speaking from experience, I can tell you that until you confirm that your home really is gone you live like your home is still standing, that tiny spark of hope exists in your heart, even while your mind is doing everything it can to prepare you for the worst. For those who have moved away from the Gulf there are indelible memories that linger when it comes to times like these. Hope and pray you never have to live through such a disaster.

Take a moment and think beyond your now rather cushy life compared to what they are having to endure. If you lived there you would have nowhere safe to sleep, nothing to drink or eat. It's frigging hot, humid, smelly, and filthy and you can't drive away because you have no means to leave. They are only evacuating the ill or elderly at this point, and it's not like if your car worked that you could drive away because roads are still impassible. You have to find somewhere safe from the elements, the icky critters, and mean people who are assaulting and killing people for their posessions until you figure out what to do. The small bayous and towns are all pretty much extended families so in addition to your kids you may end up taking on your cousin, great-aunt, and god knows how many nieces and nephew's while the family spends the day figuring out where to secure clean water, something to feed the kids, and a place to rest. Think back to the photos on whatever news program you watch, and try to figure out where you would put your family amidst that chaos. Count yourself lucky.

You don't have to worry about water moccasins biting your kids as they wade around the swill as you make your way to the Red Cross camps across town where it's safer. You aren't worrying about the kids coming across a body. If by chance you find your home standing, you then have to worry if it's safe enough to enter the building to find anything worth salvaging like the bottles of water, and clothes, etc you had stored for such an event but didn't get a chance to get before they air lifted you off your house. Let's not even discuss the fact that the insurance agencies and the federally subsidized insurance adjusters will just be arriving in the next few days to deal with homes. They too operate on a triage basis, as well as when it's safe for them to enter a neighborhood/zone.

As you have been watching CNN, MSNBC, or FOXNews I hope you took note that nobody brought their rolling suitcase filled with essentials as they were air lifted off their roof or pulled out of the water. What some people have is all they have on their person. People don't even have ID, SS cards, bank cards, or medical emergency info with them so let's just add yet another helping of problems to their already full plate, like getting "official" ID.

What about the elderly with numerous health problems and figured they could ride out the storm? If they managed to survive the flooding it's likely they now have to find medical care and meds to replace what was lost in the storm. The Dr.'s office they used to go to is now gone, so how do they get those records necessary for refills at the Red Cross stations?

Some people haven't eaten in 3 days because through all the chaos they just haven't remembered to eat. That leads to exacerbating the health problems and increasing their odds of pending illness. Yes, the threat of disease and illness is very real in these situations. Any time you add dirty water, flooding, bodies, poor hygene, high temperatures, and environmental vectors, the potential for epidemics increases dramatically. It's scary stuff and the staff at the CDC has their hands full during times like these to limit the spread of disease and death.

Living through a natural disaster is immediate in it's results. It's not like being laid off, then losing unemployment, then having things repoed, then the power/water turned off, and finally moving into your Suburban looking for part time work. Most of the people down there are homeless, jobless, penniless, and even lost family members in the course of 48 hours. And while the shock is just starting to wear off from the damage the storm caused a whole new anxiety is on them and how they will survive the next week, or month, or year. Red Cross is there for immediate care but isn't there to rebuild the city that's something the State and Federal Gov't try to do. Rebuilding the buildings is only part of it. You have to have people start businesses so others can be employed. If you had a corporate job there is a chance that the corporate office out of Houston, LA, or NY has decided to not bother re-opening the office and so you may be looking at a job search just like those who's companies just disappeared with the storm surge.

Banks aren't open for you to get to your cash (of which most people in the south don't have much of anyway) and you have to wait until they open or the FDIC reimburses you because the small local bank is completely gone and not even a deposit slip is left.

I have lived through 6 hurricanes. My husband has lived through many more than I would ever want to. I never want to have endure another, and it's only until you live through such an event that you can even begin to fathom what these communities are going through. It's not easy to pick up the pieces of the aftermath, but the people on the Gulf Coast do it and will continue with their lives. That's the power of the human spirit, to see the human spirit prevail in the face of tragedy is the only positive thing that ever comes from such a terrible event. The communities on the Gulf Coast will overcome the losses both human and material. I expect each and every one of us lucky enough to not be affected to help in any way possible. I don't care if you donate money, food, prescription glasses, first aid supplies, water, or time to a private organization, a church, or the Red Cross, but do something to help. While you are out doing good, also stop by to donate blood or plasma. Blood and plasma will be depleted as more people need care, your donation could help save a life.

6. 101

101 Junior Member

There is nothing wrong with Tripp Gal posting anywhere! It must really upset HWSNBN to see her post in the mac site and he can't. Tooooo much!

7. DLackey

DLackey Junior Member

totally right.

Right again 'ol boy

Hmmm. Somehow I don't get that from them. Obviously I've met all three of them in person and well, I believe I can tell who's in "left field" and who's not.

Yep. Once again, you're right. We can all do that. Personally, I try to give enough hints with my "handle" or screen name that would let anyone that knows me identify me easily. If you don't know me personally, I could care less if you figure it out but, that's not the point here is it?

Me? I'm not negative towards Macs or any other type of boat be it power or sail. I'm more negative against fanatics that don't listen to any sort of reason. You got a Mac26, a Bayliner, or whatever, you're still a friend of mine as long as you're a good person that doesn't look for buttons to push to get people riled up. If this whole issue was about a J24 (which as you know is my boat), I'd still think that Frank was going a bit far.

Hard to say. I know whom quite a few of the people that have been posting in this thread are. It's obvious that you know me. Who are you?

Once again, you could be right. Who knows but, I've never got that feeling from them.

Sorry. Didn't mean to pick your post apart. If you have a problem with that and want to tell me who you are, PM me.

Anyhow, Mighetto ain't that important. For the most part, I find this a bit on the entertaining side. Also, a bit on the sad side since people I know are involved in this crap and taking it personally.

8. photoboy

photoboy Guest

DLackey, indeed I know from your screen names who you are, I not worried about the picking apart of my posts,
    Personal attacks are like a rebound, one is made and another to counter.
    It escalates, and soon goes where niether ever intended it to go.
    Your basicly an honest man, I repect that.

101, just seems a little bit self contradictory of her, to keep baiting Frank into interaction.

I know of the three involved in this myself, just seems wierd that it would go on and on, even when requested to stop by each other, hhummmmmmm.

Sudie, true it is a disater in the southeast, and now with snipers shooting at rescuers, it also shows just how sick people can be.
    But on the other hand, both you and Mike twist words around to true up your stories and rally people to your point of view.

Mike, you sent a post out a while back about spots on bees faces and thier position in the social structure of a hive, when you look at the spots on my nose to see where I stand in the social structure, look to the right of my nose and you'll see scare where I was shot in the face, then look at my forhead and you'll see where the surgeons went in an pulled my forhead back out of skull after being held down and kicked in the head, then look above my left ear for the 3in scare where a baseball bat slammed the side of my skull.
    I myself have lived through typoons in the south pacific, I know what old mother nature can toss out there.

You two think your the only ones to go off shore?

I see this as a game the three of you are in on together.

9. photoboy

photoboy Guest

Dave, after considering your request, I have nothing to hide from, as far as the mystery of who is behind a screen name, as so many on the net.
    You and I have exchanged friendly jests as we returned from the finish line, you in your J24 and I in my Ranger 23.

One thing I didn't respect was the action you took the evening after a wedns night race, I didn't participate in that race, but met up with Clark afterwards for a brew.
    You walked out of Tugboats towards us, then turned and walked to your car after seeing me with Clark, it was Clark that invited you over for a brew, not me.
    You snubbed his invite to try and send a message to me?
    That hurt Clarks feelings, because he likes both of us and dosn't know of the BS from the net.
    This is the net and it's all BS.
    Be civil.
    Hey dude, you got a problem with me, lets talk about it.

Mike W.
    ARrr~23

10. Mark 42

Mark 42 Senior Member

Just on an aside that's partially related...
    the risk of disease is way overstated by Media types who perpetuate
    myths by spouting their ignorance:

http://www.who.int/hac/techguidance/ems/myths/en/

11. DLackey

DLackey Junior Member

Nope. Not my intention at all. I don't remember that time but it was more than likely because I had something else on my mind. I got no problem with you at all. I always thought you were a pretty decent guy with a good sense of humor.

Once again, not my intention. I've known, sailed and partied with Clark for many years now. I would hope he knew better of me.

Still not sure why you would think that but, don't.

To be completely honest, mostly I read Franks crap purely for the entertainment value. Idon't have time to scour his posts so, I miss a lot which really doesn't matter to me.He's about crazy enough to be hilarious. Once in a while, he goes a bit too far.

My earlier comment directed towards him was more to egg him on than any kind of defense of those he seems to think are out to get him. Sometimes my sense of humor doesn't come out on the web as well as I think it does. Also, it was a bit of a misunderstanding of his post on my part. I admitted I was wrong and apologised so, it's over.

12. Mark 42

Mark 42 Senior Member

I guess you could take :p :cool: McMullett's ;) :D Advice :)

(Those who know me probably know who I am... though perhaps not why).

13. sailsmall

sailsmall Senior Member

Boys, or whatever you are behind those smooth username masks you wear, can we please return this thread to it's original intent: alternately ridiculing Frank and goading him on to greater heights of absurdity. Thank you.

14. DLackey

DLackey Junior Member

Z'actly.

Carry on.

15. photoboy

photoboy Guest

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.