This is embarrassing, but I have to ask...

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by jjhamm22, Feb 8, 2019.

1. jjhamm22

jjhamm22 Junior Member

I can't find the stupid fill for the gas tank on a 79 MT 24' 240 VCC. The 2 circular floor ports in the picture both expose electrical or tube fittings to the gas tank. It isn't inside the rectangular floor hatch either. But I'll be damned if I can find the fill cap. Anyone have an answer?

Attached Files:

2. BlueBell

BlueBell Ahhhhh...

Look outside the cockpit on the side decks.

3. kapnD

kapnD Senior Member

Gasoline fills are not inside the boat, diesel sometimes are.
    Look inside the hatches, maybe get sight of which way the fill tube runs?

4. Ike

Ike Senior Member

It is most likely on the side decks, or on the top of the transom. This is so any spill will not enter the boat. Of course it then goes over board into the water, creating a spill, which is illegal, and you will have to pay for clean up and may also be fined. But anyway that's where the fills on a boat that size usually are located. Make sure though that you do not mistake a water tank fill for a fuel fill. Water tank fills are also usually on the side decks. The fills are normally labeled, but it might only be a small symbol in the cap. see Attwood Marine http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/plastic-deck-fills

5. jjhamm22

jjhamm22 Junior Member

Ike,
    Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I found it on the side like you mentioned. It was under the folded down antenna, so was a little hard to see (that's my story and I'm sticking to it :)
    Jeff

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.