the flat bit on the hull

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by grp.boat, Feb 25, 2006.

  1. grp.boat
    Joined: Nov 2005
    Posts: 47
    Likes: 0, Points: 0, Legacy Rep: 10
    Location: uk

    grp.boat Junior Member

    i have asked this question on another site and got mixed answers.

    what is the flat area on the stern of the keel designed for?

    i have mainly seen this on ribs. some call it a planing surface
  2. buckknekkid
    Joined: Oct 2005
    Posts: 345
    Likes: 4, Points: 0, Legacy Rep: 37
    Location: north of pompano

    buckknekkid Senior Member

    its called a lifting pad, check out Velocity Powerboats
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.