The end of the world is near....... what Yacht will you build?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Wellydeckhand, Jun 16, 2006.

?

What u will choose if seawater rise 50M and u need to find other land but............

1. Monohull Sail Yacht

29.3%
  2. Monohull Motoryacht

4.8%
  3. Monohull Motorsailer

12.3%
  4. Catamaran Sail yacht

17.1%
  5. Catamaran Motoryacht

1.1%
  6. Catamaran Motorsailer

10.8%
  7. Trimaran Sail Yacht

12.0%
  8. Trimaran Motoryacht

1.1%
  9. Trimaran Motorsailer

4.6%
  10. Dont Know?

1.4%
  11. Stay at land and hang on something

0.9%
  12. Find a submarine........ hopefully

4.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

you will get gobal zero before the fishes die... I think everybody is waiting for the clicking of a red button... by the way is your area in the targeted zone??? Just curious.

2. fewfish

fewfish Junior Member

Well, I do not intend do drill so I don't have to be at one particular place. I can drift. I don't need fuel for that. Other needs for energy could be meet with the use of wind and sun. Maybe the biggest problem involved in life at sea is durability of various waterborne craft (boats, submarines, semisubmersibles) and sources of materials humans make tools from. Over time they would all brake down and their parts could not be replaced. Humans are only living beings that live by the manipulation of objects. Others simply find food and survive.
    One can only imagine the terrible consequences if ocean level would rise by 50 meters. Much of the fertile land along the rivers would be flooded and washed away and total area of the continents would decrease. That means less food and less space for the same number of people.

3. rayk

rayk Senior Member

Navigating in the vicinity of major coastal cities soon after the sea level has risen, would be hazardous. Perhaps stowing aviation charts is wise.

To appreciate nature an underwater camera would be valuable. Everyone else will be limited to photographing seagulls and tomato plants.

If I could find a way to get seagull poo off the deck of a boat I would sprinkle it on the tomato plants as fertiliz... wife says the acid in tomatoes will clean anything.

I probably won’t need a big boat because there will just be one person on it. To make more room inside I'll remove the engine and the galley (I only need a single burner), and expand the nav table into a massive Solar Energy Collection Lead Acid Storage Central Distribution Control Console. I would do all the wiring myself.

I would retain the holding tank, to trade with friendly floating communities cultivating organic goo. How satisfying it will be to have some one greedily pumping out my tank, and then paying me with fresh vegetables.

If I am never returning to land again, I am changing the rig to square sails and sailing downwind forever. On second thoughts I've got no where to go so I don't think I'll bother sailing much.

4. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

And if you don't sail too much it will make it easier for me to come and steal all your poo to put on my tomatoes (actually I prefer mayonaise, bit more palatable!:D

5. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

The world is waiting for WWIII as peace is a state of war pospone base on enemy's schedule.I am not draging flame war or sort like that. But anything happen it would be a good armanemt discount warehouse clearance and a gigantic population control scheme... You wont have enough people to bother what your Levis look like but at least you are equipped to face that possible by the comment found in this thread... (special for boat designer only I think)

Stock on all manual equipment and invest in solarcells.

Use electric tools to built half way. Once fuel is scared switch to manual stuff.

always device evacuation proceedure based on 150 km retreat... 3 step would ensure enemy have a lot of area to search and time for you to further distance from them.

pick escape route with plenty of food and forest grubs avaliablity along the path.

well insulated yourself for all weather and element of climate.

dont be greedy in bring too many equipment and dont be tooo friendly and bring everybody you know along... when hungry, human can turn very realistic. 2 poerson tacks to 4 person max team is good.

the rest watch more muvee for experience in real time paranoid delusion... :)

6. safewalrus

Arhh..........right.......Here we go again think we've covered this in another lifetime

Couple of big guns would do the trick (with lots of ammo) and be nastier than the rest (and quicker) OH this is so nice!

Hey just a thought but if the waters suddenly rise some 50 metres surely we'd loose a lot of people who can't swim etc?

7. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

Define "Suddenly" I might to rush out and put more rode on my mooring.

Mychael

8. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

suddenly... Mmmm... Murphy law does applied...

9. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

Good point. I'd better go order the extra chain now. Another 50 metres ought to do it.

Mychael

10. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

Jakarta in Indonesia is sinking ... why not just build more rib? I mean dont they build them in Indonesia? Lucky it is not 50M flood :)

11. safewalrus

Looking at the news I thought it had sunk! too late???

12. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

The country was never prepared for emergency... The laugh at the thought of supporting talent engineer... That's why I heard they tax heavy on draftng table that enter the country 60 percent wanna be businessmen while rest lawyer?... I bet they tax anyone with a bright ideas... What a pity.

13. safewalrus

Never prepared for an emergency - they never have any then? bit of wind and water but nothing serious eh! Yeah Happy Christmas!

14. fishinprojordan

fishinprojordan New Member

Ok people. Id go for a mono hull or a tri. The tri would be go if you had more than 2 people with you. A mono hull would be good for a single person that is on his own(such as me). I would most likely go for the tri. If money was no problem it would be built out of Titanium.

It would be a hard decision for me to make to either go with a tri or mono. Id most likely go with the Tri. Gives me more space to work with. Also if you want to help people and have more than your self living with you.

Since i am an experienced fisherman id fish for food. Use seawater as my drinking water. Every person that trys to mess with me, steal from me, kill me, id have an army worth of weapons downstairs in the cabins, every where possible.

basicly my yacht would be around 45-50ft. Most people believe that a ship is not sailable for one person over 40ft. There are alot of boats that people say need to people to sail. Well I am a sailor. Im not sure how to explain how well experienced in sailing i am. But i taught my self how to sail on a small hobbie cat. Ive raced them, fliped them and much more. I have sailed a 59ft tri by my self. Was alot of work but after a few days i got use to it and was easy. also have sailed a 70ft mono on my own. This was all done on a bet saying that i couldn't do it.

i would basicly live on the yacht by my self or with another person such as my gf.
    so yea thats basicly all i have to say

15. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

Yup, I would go for a Tri myself:)... not titanium too expensive and creating plate with explosive method? 40ft tri is big!!!

Nobody wanna suggest a ferro boat for this senario?:confused:

Have anybody thought of a sea platform that move instead of a fast boat?:cool: