Little Miss Sweden

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by SC1, Dec 3, 2007.

1. SC1

SC1 Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsNXIITGUvA ;) ;)
    What do you think about this 21ft? Tops 53knots with 200Hp.
    At the moment we are building a retro 37ft runabout with Volvo IPS,
    retractable hardtop and power assited sidewindows.
    What do you think about the mix of nostalgic lines and modern materials/performance?

2. Wayne Grabow

Wayne Grabow Senior Member

Very cool; to me, combining great concepts from the past with modern techniques and materials creates the best of both worlds.

3. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

Gawd - just what we need .. another pretty gas guzzling toy for the rich and very bored. Still, I think you will find plenty of suckers ,er customers for the concept.

4. yipster

yipster designer

that sounds super, the 21 sure looks fancy and fast enough i would think

5. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Well, I wouldn't buy it – gasoline is way too much in this country. But it's nice, methinks. Certainly a beauty to my eye.

And I don't even use an engine on my boat (it's an engineles one with sails instead).

6. ted655

ted655 Senior Member

Limited clip of course, but based on what was there, I wasn't that impressed. Getting on plane was a wild hesitant move and staying on plane looked like it was always at the edge. A turn, a wave, an acceleration made the boat fall off or rise up. Looks like plane is a thin line (too thin).
    I realize that "maybe" the engine wasn't trimmed @ the correct times. "Maybe" the throttle was being misapplied, BUT... that clip did not make me want to buy one. If nothing else, this is 1 boat that is a candidate for a jack plate.
    I agree with rwatson, just another ill manered, go fast, plastic boat.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.