Thailand Sailing Multihulls

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Swabber, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dutz, in EU, UK, USA, Aus, NZ they have other to thinking in this particular moment created by mentality like your..... Many boatyards in those "civil" countries they have also to thinking how "and if" refund money to customers before…. closing…. Instead of reading Pattaypeople get a look at news!! I understand you are safe in your armchair because retired...but please isn't the right time to talk about those countries as a model of safe economy (and safe boat building business).... that it is depressing, I guess!!

2. Euro 5 armchair.

Attached Files:

• Dutz.jpg
      Dutz.jpg
      File size:
      31.2 KB
      Views:
  3. and pizza... hard to find armchair!

Attached Files:

4. RB PowerSailing

RB PowerSailing Senior Member

Pattaya People

just met the Editor of Pattaya People :

some idiots sent a fax with those nonsenses and they published . He apologized and will publish asap a clarification :

1. Yard construction ( Building ) is approved by the Municipality
    2. Yard operation is approved by the Industrial Department and the Province
    3. Pollution test and air analizys have been performed and all resulted ok .
    4. There is an approved plan for a development on further 11,000 mts
    5. There is no problem for the 'Sacre tree' or neighborhood ( most of the villagers work overthere :p )
    6. Of course it is pure gossip that the Authorities are planning to close the Yard ( Why ???!!!! )

Next week or so , i will buy ( for the first and last time ) Pattaya People , will scan and publish here .

Who can get any satisfaction acting this way , must be a real sick person . I will publish next week and then for me it will be finished with BoatDesign.net .

I will lose the contact with few interesting persons , but unfortunately the web site has been hijacked and abused by few idiots and the credibility and value of these threads , is now just zero .

He is joking with his armchairs , but the reality is that we are wasting our time here .

I was willing to share , at no charge , as Albert - Alik , the knowledge and experience of 23 years of boatbuilding , but at this stage i decide to give up .

Anybody wish to contact me , can do it

Best Regards

RB Power & Sailing
    Managing Director

5. Last armchair was a real waste of time....really hard to find.... have to go follow workers now!!:rolleyes: :D :(

6. rzj7l2

rzj7l2 Junior Member

generous

Sounds generous. But all the 124 posts you made were in the threads "Thailand Sailing Multihulls" and "Low Price Catamarans" to defend your yard. Maybe not so generous, eh?

7. But this is true also for the various 'Swabber', 'Also concerned', 'Siam sailor', 'Been done', 'Dutz', 'Fullcave', (and 'RWJ'...SIG :( :( ...!!) and for youself (except a SINGLE post in Multi-masted sailing cats ) and other posters defaming not only RB (they are free to do it...) but also the whole boat industry in Thailand. I cannot see other relevant posts from all of them-you in this forum. So may be you have to take a little more attention as well before posting.

8. fullcave

fullcave Junior Member

Not only in Thailand but all of S.E.A and in fact the entire boating industry suffers! :mad:

9. rzj7l2

rzj7l2 Junior Member

Difference

RB promotes himself as being a generous guy who only wanted to share his vast amount of experience and knowledge free at no charge! While in reality he didn't do anything but defended his yard.

OTOH I never promoted myself as a nice guy that only gives for free.

That's the difference.

And don't tell me that I was only bashing RB: if you read my first posts you'll see that I had a pretty neutral point of view initially, maybe more in favour of RB. That changed after dotzens of posts by RB that showed his character and the hidden agendas he is following. And of course his ridicolous threats against several blog/site owners and users.

10. On10-10-2008 You wrote: Having read all of this I learned a couple of things:
    Buyer beware when buying in SE Asia. Wohw... Sending a few 100k to SE Asia shouldn't be done easily.

Then this to me is defaming a market without knowledge (you don't learned nothing about!!) and from your posts seems that your interest in this forum it is just around RB (not about the SE Asia Boatbuilding Ind. that you granted to know)

11. rzj7l2

rzj7l2 Junior Member

That quote is out of context. Read the rest of the exact same post where i state that you have to keep a close eye on your project - no matter where in the world you build.
    So it was not against SEA boatbuilding or any other particular location but against naive clients not performing duedilligence, signing stupid contracts, not controlling their project, just sending money to a builder, and then complaining that they have been ripped off.

The client is the only one who has a genuine interest in high quality results so he should do his best to keep control.
    That's why I contracted a very small boatbuilder in Poland (just the owner + 2 workers) to build my 30' cat to motor-away state, build is beginning in July or maybe June if their current project goes well. Contract is based on a fixed hourly rate plus materials, billed monthly. No fixed price project so I take the risk of overrunning estimated build times, but OTOH I own everything that goes into the boat right from the start.
    Just a flight of <1 hr away or a couple of hours driving. Easy to visit frequently, easy to organize a surveyor that speaks my language and has no ties to anyone over there. Also easy to kill the deal anytime to bring the unfinished project home though I hope I won't need it *knock on wood*

So I am no longer a prospective client but just enjoy my popcorn while waiting for the build to start :D

12. apex1

apex1 Guest

But this is a non profit platform, and not egoistic, and proper advice is for free for everyone, even the one who does´nt share his knowledge with us.
    So it maybe a fortune for all of us, if you stay quiet and just profit from our knowledge, while we are trying to improve that without your generously given advice. (which I have not seen here a single time, but maybe I missed some posts)
    Kindest
    Regards
    Richard

13. :D :D :D :D ha,ha,ha, Poland... very, very good luck.... :D :D :D

14. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

Don't ever laugh at another nations craftsmen.

15. Having read some things about and I learned a couple of things :) :p :) :p :) :p :D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.