switching motors

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by toddpoor, Mar 29, 2007.

1. toddpoor

toddpoor New Member

i have a 470 mercruiser i/o in a boat that was wrecked, where can i find an empty boat to put it in... or what kind of boats will it fit in....

2. BMcF

BMcF Senior Member

The Merc 470 I/Os were used in hundreds..perhaps thousands of boats. I have four here in my 'pile-o-boat-junk' right now. A 21' Four Winns..a 19' Aristocraft..an 18' Dixie and an 18' 'beats me what bow-rider hull it is, I got it for the free parts'...

3. ted655

ted655 Senior Member

:rolleyes:
    Befor I give you this link, I'm assumeing you just want to salvage a bad situation and NOT repower your dream boat, right?
    Fiberglass mass produced boats are not what I consider real longterm investments. More akin to Hyunda cars.
    Here. http://www.laniermarine.net/searchresults.html?SEARCH2
    Buy a junker, fix er up (to a point but don't get upside down in it) and get back on the water.
    :D :D

4. toddpoor

toddpoor New Member

yeah im going to the local boat storage to see if they have anything, im mainly just trying to put this motor in a new hull,,, it was almost new,

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.