Supernova trimaran

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by gpb, May 22, 2009.

1. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

2. amphibian

amphibian New Member

I have just bought a supernova tri.have not had it on the water yet as it needs a few jobs done first.i am keen to learn anything i can about it

3. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

Hi Amphibian, When I bought mine there were a few things to check and repair. You want to make sure that the shock cords that hold the attachment plates for the beam mounts have adequate tension and change them if they don't otherwise the boat can come apart. There was some benefit to helm balance from raking the rig a little. The front cleats for the jib on my boat were replaced with cam cleats which were better to use. I also changed the pin on the rudder to a single stainless pin that went through both bases as the factory system dropped out on me a couple of times while sailing. The factory mainsheet system is pretty average but ok for the small sail area you could put a traveler on the rear crossbeam if you wanted better control.

4. amphibian

amphibian New Member

Hi corley.thanks for the information.i have replaced some of the shock cord already and need to make some more plates as a few are worn.my tri already has a mainsheet traveller so i geuss it is not original.cant wait to get it on the water.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.