Submarine design from scratch

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Zzz, Jan 18, 2013.

1. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

Nothing per se, but if you undermine your national policies....you may have a visit from somebody from your nation. Zzz says he is from Turkey...but what if he is not...Does your national government want ANY individual who does not already have the capibility to be able build a X-craft or WWI or WWII capiable submarine? Would you hand that power over to a Anders Breivik? FWIW, I think Prof. Joubert way overstepped the bounds. Would you hand anyone a plan and say..."this is how you can kill 5,000 people"?

2. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

"transfers of these items "

Doesn't mean the technology from what I can see, just the items, and the tracking of them is what the agreement is about.

If its on the internet, its open slather anyway. there is nothing secret about the internet.

3. peterAustralia

peterAustralia Senior Member

Is it just me, or does anyone else see the coincidence in that concrete submarine been built in Columbia.

Now my take is that the builder is legit, however there may just perhaps be some customers in Columbia who see an off the shelf submarine as a useful 'business venture'. Now of course they tell the supplier they want it for recreation, but after they buy it, who is to say to what roles it ends up being used for.

As far as a concrete submarine goes, it seems quite nice. Nice shape. Obviously heaver than steel, reducing its internal capacity (weight of batteries etc) but cheaper. Possibly a shallower max diving depth than steel.

4. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

Yes, but there is Scalable Social Network Analysis (SSNA).
    TIA, (Total Information Awareness) and Information Awareness Office (IAO) are alive and well. What we say here and who we are is tracked, catorgized, and evaluated.....<shrug> not me, but I always wave for the satellite photos...lets them know that you know that they know...:D

5. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

You obviously didnt bother to read the whole thread. It went on for miles about drug subs etc. If you go to the end, it all has ended in tears, the partially finished sub rusting at the naval dockyards, can even be see on Google earth.

6. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

7. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Submarines have been successfully built out of wood. Nowadays we have a standard for safety that requires more sophisticated engineering, but it is possible to build a waterproof vessel, submerge it and stop at a depth where the squeaks make you too nervous.

8. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

The next one I'm thinking about building for myself will be cold-moulded, though it's a wet sub. But it would be really easy to mould up a shallow small diameter 1-atm boat.

9. pdwiley

pdwiley Senior Member

That's all wonderful rhetoric and all but....

I actually lived in the USA. I have nothing bad at all to say about the place.

I returned to live in Australia. Australia, IMO, is simply a better place to live for a whole range of reasons, not the least of which is First World treatment of all babies in need of medical care regardless of the ability of their parents to pay.

So, you can take your "rude, condescending, and spiteful comment" as above and apply it to yourself.

PDW

10. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

is this like ... America is the light of the world and we will nuke (deal with) anyone who disagrees ?

I cant see how anyone could possibly be offended by that.

11. upchurchmr

upchurchmr Senior Member

jehardiman,

I am one of "us" and that was a little over the top.
    No country has a monopoly on good... or bad.

Everyone should have pride in their country, but you did embarrass me. Sounded like a grade school play written by grade schoolers.

12. Number4

Number4 Previous Member

Some where in Turkey, there is a guy called zzzzz, looking at a computer monitor, thinking, Mein Lieber Gott! What the **** are these lunatics on about????".
    How are you doing there zzzzz good buddy?

13. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Looks like Turkish guys called zzzzzz use a rather interesting slang... ;)

For the rest - yeah, the direction this thread has taken really sucks.

14. Number4

Number4 Previous Member

He went to university in Hamburg, come on keep up daiquiri

15. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Oh, Mein Lieber Gott!
    I must have missed that detail. :)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.