Stringer help

Discussion in 'Materials' started by projectavon2010, Aug 23, 2010.

1. projectavon2010

projectavon2010 Junior Member

PAR -

Thanks for the advice. Wood has won the day. Not as sexy, but then again, there really isn't much that is sexy in the bilge. I will post pictures shortly, and update occasionally. This is my first major project, so I'm taking it slow...

Best Regards,

Christian

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

The last time I say a sexy bilge, I had to divorce the thing . . . careful what you wish for . . .

3. projectavon2010

All,

These pictures are a bit dated, but you can see where I started to take the deck off. The stingers in the bow were solid, but everything in the stern was gone. There was total separation between the stringers and laminate. The deck is now completely off.

I'll be updating the pictures shortly.

http://gallery.me.com/milton.leimkuehlers#gallery

4. projectavon2010

Bought the stringers

All,

Thank you for your help. I went and bought solid Douglas Fir 1x 12" 's for the stringers. Still working on cleaning the old stringers and supports out of the bilge, but getting closer to the install.

Infrastructure is taking longer than the actual boat building

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.