Stout Fellow Class

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by bobkatz, Jul 19, 2004.

1. bobkatz

bobkatz New Member

Stoutfellow Class

I am looking for any information concerning the (Palmer Johnson?) Stoutfellow sailboat class ('30's - '40's?) especially the Stoutfellow 23'. Am planning to build a scale model for friends who had one when they first got married 35 years ago. After that I may actually build a real one. Any links to articles, photos, offsets, lines, clubs racing them in the 50's, etc. would be extremely appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2004
  2. Trudy Herbst

Trudy Herbst Guest

Development Director, Door County Maritime Museum

I may have a lead for you and help in your efforts to build a model of the 23' Stout Fellow. Please call me at the Museum weekdays at (920) 743-5958. We are located in Sturgeon Bay Wisconsin home of Palmer Johnson.

3. Milton Thrasher

Milton Thrasher Amateur boat builder

Stout Fellow sailboat plans

I believe there are plans for the Stout Fellow in the book
    entitled "Your New Boat" published by Yachting Magazine about
    1946 or 1947. It contains many sailboat designs and I think
    one of them was the Stout Fellow.

You can find these books used at www.bookfinder.com.
    I have temporarily misplaced my copy so i can not check it for you.

See http://www.angefire.com/fl4/modelyachts and
    http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/mft/ec12.html

Check these web sites for the many model boats I have built including the International One Design that I first made a model from plans in the book "Your New Boat". Later, I made many from a fiberglass mold. Now, there are many scratch builders that are buying frames for them.

Milton Thrasher
    Sarasota, FL

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.