Catwalk/anchor roller design

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by cookiesa, Jan 16, 2017.

1. cookiesa

cookiesa Senior Member

Hoping someone may have some drawings they have done around a roller setup to suit the modern anchors, on particular probably a delta. Main anchor will be a stockless style admiralty as they work well in our gulf with a delta or maybe Bruce as a second anchor.

The anchor will be suspended below the front beam with the rode running through a catwalk back to the locker in front of the main beam. The catwalk will have opening panels and I'm thinking at the bow end will need a longer opening lid that can "knock" open as the anchor comes in to rest.

The closest I have seen seems to run down at around 45 degrees approximately 300mm long with twin rollers, one at the end, the other the "pivot" point along the catwalk

Catwalk is a semi circle (glass) with a flat top, and tramp tubing to be glassed down each side

I have also considered just having slats running across the top of the catwalk rather than a solid timber/glass top to assist with grip when wet

Any thoughts?

2. luff tension

luff tension Junior Member

Im doing a similar exersize right now and can't find a lot of info. All I've found so far is a couple of pictures to work everything out from. This looks like a nicely worked solution.

Attached Files:

3. redreuben

redreuben redreuben

Anchor

I might be stating the obvious but have you asked the anchor manufacturer?

4. cookiesa

cookiesa Senior Member

Therin lies the problem, I'd like to not make it to specific if that makes sense..... nothing worse than needing to replace a relatively ( ;) ) important item somewhere and what's available doesn't fit!

My suggestion of delta etc was more in lines with the type of anchor, other than the roll over bar styles I'd think most styles would fit this design

5. bscatam

bscatam Junior Member

Study for my cat design.

Attached Files:

• k9.jpg
      k9.jpg
      File size:
      139 KB
      Views:
    • k8.jpg
      k8.jpg
      File size:
      211.9 KB
      Views:
    • ?2.jpg
      ?2.jpg
      File size:
      120.5 KB
      Views:
    • ?7.jpg
      ?7.jpg
      File size:
      99.1 KB
      Views:

6. cookiesa

cookiesa Senior Member

Cheers,
    That's where I was going... more looking at clearances and angles to allow the anchor shank to come up on to the rollers and tuck away

Cheers

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.