Somebody Please help with impeller change!

Discussion in 'Outboards' started by SC Hartwell, Dec 31, 2006.

1. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

Hi, I am disassembling the lower unit on my 1962 evinrude! I have gotten into the gear case and beleive I have screwed the whole entire thing up. I haven't unhooked the shifter rod, is that the reason why I cannot get the gears back into it! This has gotten me really depressed, I need some serious help. The engine is 40 hp.

Thanks, Jason

2. SmithCraft64

SmithCraft64 Junior Member

Hey Partner

It would take me an hour and alot of typing to explain how to disassemble and reassemble your lower unit. The best advice is to break down and buy yourself a good manual one thats well illustrated. Seloc has a good one in just about every manufacturer of outboard engines made. Don't go with the owners manual get the shop edition. I think the last time I bought one it was between $30.00 and $50.00 US dollars. You may be able to pick up a used one online cheaper. Try ebay or craigs list. smitty

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

If you took the gears out, something is terribly wrong.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.