Some one has to start it, Americas default.

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Frosty, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Since dollar was removed from gold standard at which time gold was $35 US the value of the dollar fell by some 95% to present sad state of $1800 US. The answer to the problem seems obvious. Go back to gold standard and don't make wars you don't intend to win.

2. Wavewacker

Wavewacker Senior Member

The United States will not default on any debt, until the next civil war....

3. Bamby

Bamby Junior Member

Troy The actual delivery in this article makes me laugh. But the real message behind it is simply outstanding in how close to the truth the message really is.

Slouching Toward Guatemala

God it's wonderful – really diverting in a macabre sort of way, at least if you have a diseased sense of humor and enough Padre Kino red. Which I do. As I write the world's only delusional superflower, perennially in love with itself, navel-gazing as narcissistically as ever, ignorant, self-indulgent, gurbling like an insane relative in the attic and fondling electro-trinkets from Japan, is broke. Yes, we see a beautiful dive from the high board, two somersaults and a half-twist, into the Third World. And so richly deserved.

Congress, a collection of whores, con-men, and penny-ante sharpers from East Jesus, Nebraska, ponders the Great Question: Default now, and admit manfully to being the economic lepers everyone else already knows we are? Or raise the debt ceiling, keep spending like a spoiled Swarthmore sophomore with daddy's credit card, and collapse a bit later?

Continued Here: http://lewrockwell.com/reed/reed211.html

1 person likes this.
  4. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

You aren't fooling anyone, Frosty. If this thread happened to be about Greek default or European default, it wouldn't even slow you down. You'd be in here badmouthing the US anyway, and blaming us for their problems.

And America's default can't be honestly discussed here anyway, because it didn't happen -- in spite of all the confident predictions the thread started with.

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Denial --utter denial--and that ladies and gentle men is the end of USA right there.

6. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Not denial on my part; delusion (and possibly even a hallucination) on yours. There was no default.

Instead, they raised the debt ceiling -- which has been done something like 87 times since WWII. That isn't necessarily a good thing; we need to get a handle on the situation. But it wasn't the backbreaking instant calamity it's being painted as.

And speaking of delusions, I'm amazed by the Republicans who hysterically carry on about how we have to cut the deficit, while at the same time insisting on maintaining Bush's "temporary" tax cuts for the wealthy.

The four hundred richest people in the country are paying a smaller percentage of their income in taxes than I do. That's not only wrong, it's shameful.

7. masalai

masalai masalai

One who is man enough to open his eyes and look around with honesty...

Call a "powder-room" a toilet and other parts of the human anatomy for what they are and whilst I am at it when will certain ignorant people cease insulting mothers - - that "common street" phrase deserves immediate 'extermination-without-prejudice' regardless of who so utters those words ... All too often heard on USA made TV and cinema shows... What faeces next?

The gods perceive things in the future, ordinary people things in the present, the wise perceive things about to happen. - Philostratus the Athenian [c.172-250 A.D.]

Funnies from http://www.caseyresearch.com/gsd/ed...ibleminers-cash-flows-are-parabolic-rick-rule

Attached Files:

8. masalai

masalai masalai

Condoning corruption and fraud - Oh dear? http://www.cftc.gov/PressRoom/PressReleases/pr6113-11.html
    CFTC's Division of Market Oversight Provides Temporary Relief from Large Swaps Trader Reporting for Physical Commodities

Washington, DC - The Commodity Futures Trading Commission's (Commission's) Division of Market Oversight (Division) today issued a letter providing temporary relief from the requirements of the Commission's regulations regarding large trader reporting of physical commodity swaps (§§20.3 and 20.4). Because this is the first time that swaps data is being collected, this temporary relief is intended to provide sufficient time to enable both the industry and the Commission to develop and refine systems and processes that will be able to report these complex transactions.

On July 22, 2011, the Commission published large trader reporting rules for physical commodity swaps and swaptions. The rules require daily reports from clearing organizations, clearing members and swap dealers, and become effective on September 20, 2011. The letter issued today provides temporary relief from reporting, as long as parties are making a good faith attempt to comply with the reporting requirements, until November 21, 2011, for cleared swaps, and January 20, 2012, for uncleared swaps. Upon the conclusion of applicable relief periods, such reporting parties must become fully compliant.
    END
    So what does this tell us besides that the CFTC is a bunch of fearful, sniveling wimps? It tells us that the banking cabal is STILL in deep trouble with their gold and silver swap portfolio and need a couple more months of price rigging to try and get out of the mess.

Best of luck boys! - May the Road you choose be the Right Road - Bix Weir - www.RoadtoRoota.com

9. masalai

masalai masalai

More from Casey Research http://www.americandebtcrisis.com/event.php - Well worth watching, and learning...

Some worthwhile stuff to read too.... http://www.caseyresearch.com/cdd/operation-world-bailout demonstrates the foolishness of denial, contrived blindness, abject stupidity and level of "peer-pressure" of the so-called leaders and rulers of this world...

Our first joke is a little on the ribald side – but it’s so funny, I just had to share it. If you might be offended, skip on by…

During one of her daily classes, a teacher trying to teach good manners asked her students the following question:

“Michael, if you were on a date having dinner with a nice young lady, how would you tell her that you have to go to the bathroom?”

Michael said, “Just a minute, I have to go pee.”

The teacher responded by saying, “That would be rude and impolite. What about you Sherman, how would you say it?”

Sherman said, “I am sorry, but I really need to go to the bathroom. I’ll be right back.”

“That’s better, but it’s still not very nice to say the word bathroom at the dinner table. Tommy, what about you? Can you come up with a more polite way of excusing yourself to a dinner date to use the bathroom?”

“Sure,” Tommy answered, “I would say, ‘Darling, may I please be excused for a moment? I have to shake hands with a very dear friend of mine, whom I hope to introduce to you after dinner.’”

:D :p :eek: :D

10. bntii

bntii Senior Member

Observers of the US dept 'crisis' should be aware that this is a wet dream for the right side of the isle.

Much of the internal posturing is to insure that the budget is hewn to the slimmest profile possible and in so doing cut back on all the programs which the right hate.

Environmental protection, welfare, arts & science; kiss it all goodbye.

Speaking of loose talk- a few years back one of my clients was explaining to me how the United States had become irrelevant to the worlds economy as the EU had gained such strength.
    Now I am hearing commentators suggesting that the European Union is in danger of collapse with an abandonment of the Euro...
    Take a measured look at what is discussed.

Common sense is not so common.

1 person likes this.
  11. hoytedow

bntii, don't forget about the Department of Indoctri...er, Education.

12. hoytedow

And why is the FED trying to bail out Greece by printing more money?
    If we, the irrelevant are bailing out Greece, then Greece is too.

Germans, watch your wallets.

13. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I agree. I'm reminded of Bush, when he started stumping for the privatization of Social Security, claiming it was in crisis. When it was pointed out to him that it wasn't, and that in fact it would be years before it ran out of money even if nothing was done, he didn't bat an eye. He segued straight into "well, why should we always wait until there's a crisis before we fix something?"

Shameless. Had I been there, I'd have asked him why he wanted to 'fix' it in the first place. I've always been told, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

14. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

We have the same oily types here.
    If they change their own policy to satisfy the majority, they claim to be a "man of the people"; if they don't, then they claim to be showing strong leadership qualities. Vomitous scum.

15. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Your conclusion is basically correct but the numbers are off a little. I looked up a few things and came up with the following

Greece owes 481 billion. USA owes 14.3 trillion -thats 14,300 billion and increases every year by 1,300 billion. Each American citizen owes $46,410 ($122,029 per taxpayer), each Greek citizen owes $42,300 ($111,222 per taxpayer est.)

The Greek situation is considered insolvent although they are scheduled to receive another bail out. ? The American debt keeps rising as well with each failed bail out. Difference is that the American debt is rising faster. Kinda sheds a little light on things now don't it.