Solomon Technologies - "Electric Wheel" electric motor propulsion systems

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by lockhughes, Jun 18, 2002.

1. trouty

trouty Guest

And that surprises you?

Answer?

The world Oil Oligarchy!

When will you guys wake up?

Surely it MUST be starting to dawn on you bye now?:confused:

Ohh well - you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink!

Cheers!

2. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Dear Trouty,
    I am going to read your postings and probable agree with a lot of it, but it doesn't belong here. PLEASE find another place on the forum to post them....maybe Open Discussions. You can always insert a link in this subject thread to that other posting, PLEASE

3. D'ARTOIS

D'ARTOIS Senior Member

"In Debt of Honour"

Tom Clancy wrote a book where he describes the richesses in Siberia and the Central Asian basin. He creates a Japan that wants the oil and the minerals and puting the US in an economical stress by ruining their dollar-economy.

He describes precisely the status of the US poliicians and their connections with the oil industry.

Halliburton among others US and UK companies are still working in Iran. Bush is not only supported by the Oil co's but also the Arms Industry is in peak business, thanks to the present Government.

Governments kill, if there is no way out.

4. JonathanCole

JonathanCole imagineer

The more probable reason for Millenium Cell's hydrogen on demand system not taking off is that it is difficult to economically recycle the residual chemicals back into sodium borohydride. So what would you do with them? Second, it takes 4 times more of the solution in your tank than a gasoline equivalent. So your tank would have to be 4 times bigger than a gasoline tank and more than 4 times heavier.

5. D'ARTOIS

D'ARTOIS Senior Member

In any case, and that is the point, there is no substititute to fossile energy that is totally in hands of the oilmaffia - also all the coalmines except for the ones in China and Poland, are in the hands of Dallas.

Even the solarcell companies are in their posession and my question is why?
    Very simple: law no 1: energy shall not come free!
    The works of Tesla could have never been tested, the man took his secrets with him to the other world.

It is a well known fact that Universities world wide sell the research of their students - professors to interested parties.

Solar energy is no solution - at this moment.

Hydrogen - it costs more on electric energy than it supplies.

The only cheap source is vegetable oil: there the oilmaffia can nothing do about- only with the help of politicians they can keep the use of it in the illegal context; in France however, the politics are contra US and they are afraid for the farmers who may protest if you take away their little advantage.

In fact there are only a little few that have access to vegetable oil in sufficient quantities to make it worthwile. The general people rely on the toerhigh taxed gasoil or other fossil fuels, high test, unleaded etc.

Unfortunately the general people is not interested to pursue this issue; the only question is why?

So let's find alternative ways for other types of engines and other fuels, whatever is of interest to the general public, the man in the street, and defend such new invention so that it remains out of the hands of the mob,
    oil and politics.

My Irish rebellous blood is speaking. And my Scots ancestors are fuelling it.
    Culloden!!!!

6. caribmon

caribmon Junior Member

I think that change is on the way. As much as you see the glass half empty I see it half full - then again I spend half my year in Brazil and half in Holland... and depending on where I am - my outlook changes too.

In terms of the solar being dead and hydrogen being financially testicular twisting - how about if I throw the idea of a fusion of sol and hydrogen?

What if the solar cells produces the hydrogen and it is collected - then the fuel cell uses the hydrogen to produce electricity? In other words - why not use solar electricity to produce hydrogen from sea water and "burn" the hydrogen as needed to run the electric motor?

Brazil is also on the cutting edge of biodiesel and the manufacturing of cars that run on it. See below.

7. D'ARTOIS

D'ARTOIS Senior Member

Great - really. Of course I know about the present policy of the Brasil Government to get independent from the oilmob - with the huge agricultural arels of Brasil what can those cowmongers of Texas do except for playing Dallas?

In the end, Biodiesel might be a good sulution: starving farmers can now use there unemployed areales and unoccupied lands to produce biodiesel which in return will put oxygene into the atmosphere instead of pure co2 emissions.

It is the aim of the governments wherever to take away money from the citizen.
    The signs are there, here in Holland it is unbelievable how Government and local communities are taxing their inhabitants. Following the American path to unsocialize the community and deliver all social security that has been left to the insurance companies: i.e. banks et al.

In any case fuel is politics and as long as there are no alternatives available, like in Brasil, we still will suffer. We pay about 2 USD for 1 litre of fuel, unleaded cheapest quality.

Well, the oilcompanies won't gain a penny from me. I have my own resources and I can lay hands on vegetable oil that costs me 10 USD cent per liter;
    Unfortunately only a few others can do as I do.

Let's go onward looking for alternative powersystems don't get discouraged!!

sorry for this rambling

8. JonathanCole

JonathanCole imagineer

Of course energy shall not come free!! If it comes free how do the people who provide the work to make available make a living. The only thing that's free is your mother's milk. After that it's pay as you go.

There are many substitutes for oil and most of them are cheaper than buying fuel in the medium to long term. It just that everybody is used to financiers putting out huge amounts to make it possible for the everyday people to buy a little at a time. To make all that possible, they want to earn moiney for their effort and why not.

People do not make any investment in energy, they just consume it in the smallest possible increments at the lowest price they can find. Petroleum energy is a cheap trick and the masses are addicted to it and too lazy and ignorant to do anything about it.

If a person invested as much in renewable energy every ten years as they do in their cars and barbeques and motorcycles and boat motors and electricity to power their TVs and stereos and computers, ad nauseum, there would be no energy crisis. Because there would be energy competition.

So if you want a different world, change yourself and before too long things might get better. But if all you do is complain and pontificate about the secret conspiracy that everybody already knows about, then you are just a part of the problem and not part of the solution. Buy renewable energy equipment!! Use it!! Support the revolution and get clean energy as a by-product.:)

9. rxcomposite

rxcomposite Senior Member

Electric motors has been with us for quite sometime but it was the marriage of digital electronics and the brushless DC motor that pave the way for using electrics as a viable means of energy transformer. Electrics shows promise against Internal Combustion Engine, it is making waves, and here to stay.

The motor is very similar to the electric motor that makes your floppy drive spin. It has a permanent magnet so half of the energy is already stored within, the other half to be produced by a rotating field of electrically generated magnet.

This where electronics comes into play. The speed is governed by varying the DC pulse width. The more pulse width, the higher the RPM. The longer the pulse width (less RPM), the more torque produced. Solid state devices handles switching more efficiently. It’s an on/off thing. In the old days of AC transformation, iron core are bulky and solid state devices gives off a lot of heat in shaping and controlling the sunosoidal wave. Modern Pulse Width Modulators (speed controllers) are very light and efficient.

Electric motors, like rubber bands and steam engine, has more torque at zero rpm than internal combustion engine (assume that the ICE has initiated its first firing sequence). The torque is rather constant thus giving it more acceleration when starting from rest.

Electric motors are also capable of short term overload before heat (inefficiency) becomes deleterious to its performance.

This probably explains why there are claims that electrics can do more at less Hp and less weight.

The claim though that reduction gears can be eliminated is debatable. Advances in electric motor design tends to be in higher RPM range with gear reduction. It outperforms direct drive motors. This is the trend in aircraft and model airplane electric power design.

I think this is more related to propeller optimization than increased efficiency. There is a need for more torque to swing a larger propeller with more pitch before cavitation or supersonic tip speed comes into play.

Electrical storage is still a problem as batteries are bulky and heavy. Shore power refueling is not a viable alternative as we are merely transferring pollution to another location (most electric generators are still petrol based fired). It won’t be long however that new generation of batteries that packs more power per pound is available. Just look at the new breed of batteries in your cellphone.

10. cyclops

cyclops Senior Member

A chevy 560 cubic inch engine can and does put out 3,000 to 4,000 hp for brief periods. What are we trying to state about overloaded motors?

11. Sander Rave

Sander Rave Senior Member

<<Shore power refueling is not a viable alternative as we are merely transferring pollution to another location (most electric generators are still petrol based fired).>>

Evectifness of central energy plants is much higher (>96%) than any electric generator or direct combustion engine (25-40%)
    Energy plants use all kinds of pollution filters, I don't know how a local generator without sufficient servicing does on a pollution scale?

transferred pollution is a common used argument, but it only holds on a very, very limmited scale.

12. Deering

Deering Senior Member

96%? I don't think so. A large hydroelectric plant may reach into the low 90's at the plant, but any plant burning fossil fuels is much, much less than that - more like 60%. And then power transmission losses can use up another 50% of the energy before it gets to you.

Regarding pollution - most coal burning power plants here in the US are profligate polluters, despite stack scrubbing technologies - it's just that they aren't right next door that makes them tolerable.

Distributed power generation is the way to go.

13. Sander Rave

Sander Rave Senior Member

Well, it will be my small country, small thinking thing. I appologize for that. From my window I can see the powerplant I was talking about. After some study, I learned it sticks in the 50's in output.

Makes me realize you have to make miles, not meters to your front door. I guess that's a difference to start with. Distibuted power generation at this point of technology won't solve the problemfor us, I guess it does for you.

14. cyclops

cyclops Senior Member

Did we ever solve the original Question?

15. Deering

Deering Senior Member

Agreed - distributed power isn't the whole solution either.

What WAS the original problem anyway?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.