Solo16 Sport Trimaran

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Chris Ostlind, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TTS

TTS Senior Member

You know guys, I am not a designer, but do build boats for my own enjoyment. I come to this site to get current thoughts, design ideas and to have others in the business critique or give suggestions to what i am trying to accomplish. i have stated before that this BS degrades this site and is an insult to those who come on to this site looking for help, guidance, support and ideas. So who gives a s@#t about the petty quarrel that is going on between two designers who should know better than to perpetuate that crap. take it to PMs and leave it there. I agree with chris's call for a truce and to take this S@#T off of the site. You do not like me saying it, I do not care!!!

2. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Guest

====================
    You're right......

3. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

All-weather cockpit enclosure

I had a chance to get to the boat design thing today after gluing-up some marine ply for the next project in the shop.

The renderings below show the Solo16 S with the suggested all-weather soft structure around the cockpit. Up front there is a folding dodger which provides a very comfortable environment out of the spray. Connected to the dodger is a Bimini top to keep the hot sun off your head and neck. Along the sides will be removable panels with zip-out windows, revealing a mesh screen with a weave small enough to thwart the nasty No-See-Ums on the nights that you'd like to sleep on board. At the aft end of the cockpit is a reverse dodger, also with a zip-out plastic window. Like the side panels, the entire aft dodger is removable as is the Bimini structure.

The entire versatile weather enclosure is geared to give the owner a full spectrum of choices and comfort levels depending on weather and use. The boat can be sailed from the cockpit while all buttoned-up in bad weather. Having the enclosure system on the boat allows for an enormous range of use possibilities. Where other small coastal cruising craft will be either heading for shelter on shore, or sitting it out in their drenched cockpit, the Solo16 S owner will be tooling along in a dry and comfortable environment, looking for more interesting places to explore.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.