Solid Glass Repair?

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by Cliff Ruckstuhl, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Cliff Ruckstuhl

Cliff Ruckstuhl Junior Member

I am looking at a boat that has been grounded. The hull is solid glass and ther are some crack's in the gelcoat aft of the keel. Surveyor said it is blistering but that it was not structer issure. Can these cracks be drummled out and then use some West System to repair them?

Cliff

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Surveyor says blistering but no structural damage? Good, good. Blistering can be fixed. I think Interlux makes some treatments for that. Solid glass is much easier to fix than cored as you don't have nearly as many things that could go wrong when it gets hit.

3. Cliff Ruckstuhl

Cliff Ruckstuhl Junior Member

Matt, Thanks for the reply this is what I was thinking. I am going to get hold of the guy who had it surveyed and get a little more info.

Cliff

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.