Smallest steel boat?

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by magwas, Jul 21, 2011.

1. magwas

magwas Senior Member

My only reason that I want to try out steel building, especially origami. I want to start with small, so I don't throw out much money if it turns to be a disaster.

(And anyway, now I know that GRP is not for me. I am currently building a flax composite kayak. I will finish it only to figure out the real extent of the screwup I did: it is out of shape and delaminated, and I am not sure I can even make it watertight.)

2. rayman

rayman Senior Member

Hi Wynand, could you post some pics of your little 20ft. boat please. I tried to register on your site but no go, whats up?? regards ray

3. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

Rayman, no need to register on my website - just browse and use the links.

As for the 20ft - the drawings were made during the early 90's when I was actively designing boats and are for the decade and half stored away in an outbuilding (my junk store) but see if I can get to it easily soon without unpacking the place:p

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.