small drift boat for fishing/whitewater

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by angel, Jun 23, 2004.

1. angel

angel New Member

I'm a first time boat builder and would like to build a wooden boat for fly fishing that could be easily hauled. I would also like it to handle some class II or possibly III white water. Is the Maxi Mac drift boat a good choice, if not, what is? thanks

2. DRB

DRB Guest

drift boat Info

Angel
    For lots of good Info on Drift Boat construction, go to
    montana-riverboats.com there is a handfull of profesional builders, as well as do it yourselfers that will give you their advice.

3. dansea

dansea Junior Member

Angel ;
    I just finished and delivered the coolest drift boat I've ever built , you can see the boat and the design at http://www.spirainternational.com/index2.html I built the blue one under the drift boat heading , "Mackinaw " these designs are strong and easy to build the plans are straight foward and either Jeff or myself are just an e-mail away as you build . GOOD BUILDING but watch out it's addictive as is the fishing part ! ! !