Shipwrecked Silver Travels back to Spain

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by mcollins07, Mar 6, 2012.

1. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

Interesting how governments, since they make the laws, break, opps I mean the laws don't apply to them. They can do whatever they want. They can break a contract at will, they can take your land , and leave you pennyless if you get in their way. And the bigger the government the more it sees fit to mess around with your life. Odyssey should reincorporate under a different nations flagged and get out of the treasure hunting business. They can add some fishing nets to boats. Then when they find some gold by accident well, well it was an accident.

2. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

Human history is a very sad affair, unfortunately not much has really changed. If you look at the world right now there are dozen or more skirmishes where people are dying horrible deaths by others looking to exploit them. Even in civilized countries like US, and Russia, human trafficking, sex trade and even human parts trade are going on more than any government is willing to admit.

I can say the following because I am a Spaniard. I am not very proud of our history to say the least. If you take out the Inquisition and the slave trade, which are pretty bad to begin with, you are still left with a country that committed massive genocide in almost every Continent on earth. Many civilization that people have never heard of were wiped out by Spain under the direction of the Queen and the Pope.

Everyone has heard of the Aztecs, but no one has heard of countless smaller civilizations, most of which were peaceful. The world at the time had about 400 million people. These civilization were small peaceful nation states. Spain killed over 20 million throughout Africa, the Americas, Asia, Middle East, and even as far west as Japan. Even in Florida, they wiped out the original Florida indians that live in the Everglades. Few know this dark history.

Anyway, if they get their treasure stolen, so be it, they stole it from someone else.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.